Chapter 20 "Slipping away."

Sqaishey's pov.....
"W-where are we?" He sets me down. "We'll deal with that later. Is your leg okay?" He asks me. "It's a bit cut up but I'm fine." I assure him, but looking at my cut. He gave me a worried nod. "So, where we are? A desert. Definitely a desert." He says. It's so hot!!! "We better make our way out of here before we boil." I groan. "Too late for that." Stampy jokes as we move on forward.
                                      We trudge on. "This desert is huge!" Stampy says and his voice echoes... Weird....
"Oh shoot, maybe I shouldn't have done that." Stampy whispers. "There's a big sand dune up ahead." I say, pointing to the seemingly golden mound of sand. "We should go around." Stampy says. "Too much time and we'd be directly under the "sun". We're going over." I say. He seems very frightened. "Come on Stampy, a wise cat once told me that we can do it." I say referencing his earlier words. "Silly ducky, using my own words against me. Okay." He nods and we begin to climb.
          "Almost down!" Stampy says. "Okay, woa-!!" I slip and start to slide down at top speed. "SQAISHEY?!" Stampy shouts, a little confused about what happened. "I'm okay!", I shout up to him. "Just slide down!"
He makes his way down and we turn to see.. Squid. "Squid!" I shout. "Wait.. Squid?" Stampy says approaching.
"H-hey." He stutters. We both hug him, he seems not surprised at all. We don't say anything, but he can tell what we're doing. "Thank you." He says nodding, but looking down. "I'm sure you'll be happy to know that the others are here, just out looking for food." Squid says. "The others? Who are the others?" I ask. "Netty, Ash and Tom." As he says this, Stampy looks overjoyed. "So, she's okay!?" Stampy asks. "Yes.", Squid replies. "They should come back soon." Squid finishes. "I want to go help them." I say. "No, Sqaishey... They are fine with the amount they have." Squid says.

     IballisticSquid's pov...
Wait... I have to kill her.. I have to kill Sqaishey. What am I going to do? Maybe I should just send her out... Let it possibly happen on it's own? Why can't I just don't and say I did. "You know what...", I pause. "Now that I think about it... They need help. Help from someone like you!" I assure her. "Alright. I will go." She says. "Then I'm coming with you." Stampy says. "Uh, no!", I say. "I need to.. Talk to you.. About something.. Important.. And private." I lie. "Oh..", I can tell Stampy will not turn me down. Not now. She leaves, and Stampy watches her.... "Don't worry. Remember her score? She's gonna do just fine." I say.

Sqaishey's pov....
Who knew that this desert lead to a jungle! Interesting.. So they're in there, huh? I enter the jungle and it's circulating heat, but if it's something, it's pretty.. And wet. This is a good opportunity to get water. I walk on to a more shadowy part of the forest. It's quiet.. Too quiet. Right below my feet, a mango fruit hit the ground. I picked it up... I don't like this place... It's shadowy and dank.. Near pitch black, only enough to see below me. I felt a sense of claustrophobia.. Even though it isn't small. All of a sudden, I heard something. That scream, Amy's scream. It's just repeating itself.. Over and over! I look around, the room is spinning, "STOP!!" I scream. All of a sudden, something... Someone touches me. I pull out my gun, turn and shoot. "Ack!" They fall to the ground. The tree space clears up and more light shines through. I see who I shot. "Oh god..", I whisper. "Tom! I'm so so sorry." I say, tears in my eyes. He coughs up some blood. "I-It's okay.. I.. P-probably would've done.. The same thing if I-if I were you." He said, writhing. I shot him, the bullet right in his chest. What have I done...? "This game... Needs to continue.. Anyways.." He says, coughing. He's struggling to breath. "Please.. Tell David that he needs to keep going.", "T-that he can't just mourn over me. Tell him that I said.. That I said that I'm supporting him. I'm supporting you, too.", he wheezes. "Okay? Tell him.. That I said... To not just win.. But to show them.. They were wrong. They were wrong about us.", I interrupt. "Who?" ".. The people who took us here. They were wrong about what they think they can do to us.", "We are who we are. Not who they want us to be....", "Please... Just tell him to keep going! He can't be depressed, he just can't!", his coughing got worse. "Please...", "He can't..." his words were slipping away. "He.. Can't." This was the last thing Tom ever said.