Part 7

From then on, you always seemed to be by my side. No matter the rumors that began the day after I was attack. Even when people said things as I walked by. Whispers that labeled me a toy to be played with and nothing else. You stayed walking by my side, encouraging me to walk proudly and ignore their stares.
    After a while the rumors faded, replaced with silence. I know it's mostly because you stood with me, but I used to think it was because they suddenly remembered the old me and pictured me as that one instead of the one who walked down the hallway covered in bruises and red marks. Junior year was like a fairy tale.
    Until Rachel wiggled her way into my life. Don't get me wrong, Rachel was my best friend, and still kinda is. We meet each other during the last trimester of English 101. We had been partnered together for a project and ended up coming out of it as best friends. She then joined our little group of friends. It was perfect, You, Rachel, and me walking through high school together. But then it started to go wrong.
    Rachel started developing a crush for you, which I was fine with. I was elated when you two became a couple. You both were so happy and just watching you made me happy too. But then Prom came along. I asked you if I could go with you and Rachel and you said you had to ask her first.
    I know it was wrong, but I listen in to your conversation yesterday. I heard everything she said about how she was getting annoyed that I was so clingy. That I always had to be there. That they never got to do something as a couple. It made me realize that she was true. That all I do is bring my friends and everyone around me down with me.
    That, Will, is that story of how I came to the decide that living wasn't worth it any more. All my life I've felt like a little boat struggling to stay afloat in choppy waters. Whenever a tow boat came to help pull me out, all I did was drag them deeper in. So I've finally decided to give in to the deep black waters and let myself sink to the bottom. I hope you see now that it's not really your fault.
    I'm sorry I couldn't tell you this personally, but you were the best friend I ever had. I love you like a sister would a brother and my only regret is that I'll never see you smiling face again. My final request is that you move on. I don't want you to feel guilty all your life. Even if these sheets of paper are soon to become a Letter From a Dead Girl. My only wish is for you to do what I cannot--and live.
                            Goodbye Will,
                                Cassandra.