Chapter 5

"I can't love you because I don't know you."
Those were the words Ciel had stated before they sat in a car ride full of silence.
Nothing was stated after.
Silence.
Once dropping the bluenette off, Sebastian sped off. His heart was being squeezed by emotions and his stomach knotted as if he were to throw up. Tears were beginning to flow from his maroon hues as he pulled up in front of the apartment complex and gripped the steering wheel tightly. He hated feeling so weak but the reminder about Ciel not remembering him, it destroyed every inch of his being.
It wasn't until his father came to take out the trash that Sebastian was found, asleep with tear stained cheeks, inside of his car.
The male was soon lead to his apartment, up to his room where he would cry himself asleep once more.
~
"We have been best friends since eighth grade!"
While sitting on a bench next to a flamboyant blond who just smiled, sitting uncomfortably close to the bluenette.
But the bluenette smiled in return, feeling a state of comfort while around the blond. It was almost as if he felt a stronger feeling for him. Nevertheless, Ciel had continued the chat with this 'Alois' character.
The two were practically inseparable throughout the day. Going window shopping, buying little snacks at vintage coffee shops, skipping around in parks, going to see puppies in an animal shelter.
All things Ciel seemed to love.
Feeling an alarm go off in his mind, he couldn't remember what he had planned. He was so glad and having such a good time with the other male, that he forgot that Sebastian was waiting for him outside a restaurant.
Fifteen minutes passed.
Soon it was a half hour.
An hour then two.
Sebastian balled his fists and stormed to his car, grabbing his phone and pounding in Ciel's number in an aggravated way. He was so hurt that the other had not shown up.
After it rang a few times but soon enough a high pitched voice answered, "HEELLOOO~?!"
The voice made Sebastian even more angry.
"Where. Is. Ciel?" Sebastian demanded through clenched his teeth.
"Hmmmm~~~?? Oh! Cici is in the bathroom! We're bowling!"
"He hates bowling."
There was a giggle and a voice Sebastian could only recognize as Ciel's, but before he could speak, Alois made a kissing nose and said, "We're getting pizza now~~ Bye-Bye Sebby~!!"
Then he hung up.
His heart broke.
Shattered.
Just because of a stupid fire.
Just because Sebastian couldn't stop him.
Just because he couldn't help.
Sebastian then pulled out of the restaurant parking lot and putting all force against the gas petal.
Rage and jealousy had taken over and we would find those two if it took a thousand years.
Tears had filled his eyes and he was blindly driving, speeding past traffic to try and find the filthy blond who had taken away his lover. But he felt an impact against his car, causing his body to quickly shake as the car spun and glide across the street, hitting against a couple.
Glass had rained over Sebastian, blood was obvious in many places and cuts were formed. He had his eyes open barley, seeing a pale body with darkened locks draped over the hood.
"I'm sorry Ciel."
He whispered before his eyes closed, only to open to see a fluorescent light above him and a sobbing boy next to his bed who was gripping onto his hand.
"Ciel?" He whispered in confusion.

*dramatic music* hope you liked this chapter!! Comments are always appreciated ❤️❤️❤️
~ Sage