Chapter 1: Friends whenever

"Come On, Maya" said Layla, "We'll be late for school!" Maya hurried to put on her high tops and get out of the house. "Finally! The day we've been waiting for our whole entire lives."She said to Layla as they walked down to the corner together. Then Layla took to her heels and ran towards me to give me a big hug. "I Aliah Maria Turner am here!" I said joining my two best friends as they walk towards Glen Park school. Then I stopped dead in my tracks and my face looks as though I've seen a ghost. "Aliah what happened!" They both said in unison. "Promise me that no matter what, we'll always be best friends." I say with a sad expression. "Of course!" they say believing every word they say. It seems as though we've been walking forever and there is an awkward silence between us, no one is even daring to glance at the expression on the other's faces, we dont even care if its the first day in high school for us . 

               Finally we arrived to school in time to slip in before the swarm of kids came. Maya took a deep breath, "Ah" she said, "I missed this smelly old place." We did our chant before we went to class, "1,2,3 we're best friends as you can see. 1,2,3 Best friends whenever!" Then we said goodbye to each other before we went our separate ways. I went to Mrs. Benson's Math class, sat down in my regular chair and took out my phone and checked my Instagram. Then I texted Layla:

Me: hey!! 😇😇

Layla: so how boring is your class because mine is super borrringgg 😴😴

Me: Same here😢😢

Layla: Hey can you reach Maya because I tried to text her but I got no response.

Before I got a chance to respond, the bell rang for lunch.