The Do's and Don'ts of Writing

★ There are a lot of things writer's do when they are writing that are just a huge turn off for the reader. But there are a lot of great things writer's do that captivate reader's attention easily that a lot of us over look. So without further a do, here are the Do's and Don'ts of Writing ★

 THE DO'S ☼ 

1. DO INCLUDE NEW POV'S, LITTLE ONE SHOTS, AND ANECDOTES IN NEW CHAPTERS!

What I mean by this is, if you need a break from your intense plot line and feel the need to update, don't be afraid to include the Point of View (POV) of a previous event from another supporting character. Readers love to read how different characters react to different situations. Another fun thing to include is an anecdote from a character. Write about a time where two characters in the book interacted before these events. Even just one character. It can introduce a new side of the character  to your readers, or further support an a characteristic of your character.

2. DO PLOT YOUR ENTIRE STORY BEFORE YOU PUBLISH IT!

There is nothing worse than being engaged in a story only to find out the writer has lost muse and will not longer be posting because they have no idea what to write about next. It's much easier to write a story after considering all the possible outcomes so past events link with future ones and bla bla bla. I don't mean you have to write everything out on paper but at least have a beginning middle and end in your head. 

3. DO REMAIN INSPIRED BY ENGAGING IN DIFFERENT WRITING EXERCISES!

A great way to improve your writing and maintain your muse is not to dwell on just one piece of writing all at once. Divy up your time amongst a few stories so you can relax with one while you work on the other. It gives you a couple days to think over some new ideas, they could come out of nowhere! It's amazing what you can do when you give time, time.

Another way to do this, is to look up various writing exercises, a thirty day character development exercise can be found here ►http://kitaliae.tumblr.com/post/25421290807/30-day-character-development-challenge-the-list Writing prompts are all over the internet if you look! To capture your readers further, you can even post these in a seperate chapter so your readers can check back for more to read while you work on the next chapter for your story.

But I do something a little different on top of this. I have many stories of many genres and interests so I can divy up a healthy amount of time for each. I also, do this thing called roleplaying. I know some of you have heard it's weird, and mostly revolves around sexual encounters between the character you choose to portray and another persons. It is not at all like that though. Sure there is some of that, but you forget that characters don't just know each other out of the blue. They have to build connections and spawn a relationship. Roleplaying is basically a fun way to write about a bunch of different things with a ton of different people from all over the world. You'd be surprised to see how much you learn about writing just by interacting and writing back and forth with others. You can find more information about Roleplaying, and what it is here ►[ link soon to come ] , in my Informational Roleplaying FAQ.

4. DO USE A THESAURUS!

► http://thesaurus.com/  is literally the best thing to ever walk a writer's planet. It isn't cheating...it's just finding a word that you know but can't necesarily recall at the moment...Not to mention you learn loads of new vocabulary as you search for just the right word to describe a situation. You never want to use the same word twice in close proximity when writing. A thesaurus can easily change that and make you sound a tad smarter! ;D I use a thesaurus for school essays too and that is so beneficial, TRUST. ME.