Chapter Five

"Rae? Rae? Are you even listening to me??"

     I winced instinctively when Nesta raised her voice and turned to face me.

      We were standing in front of  her locker as she arranged her books for the day inside. I didn't mean to drift off but she'd been going on and on about softball and things I had no idea about.

She then sighed "you OK,girlie?" She asked concerned. "You've been blanking out on me a lot lately. Did you skip breakfast again? How many times should I tell you..."

      "...breakfast is the most important meal of the day." I ended her sentence "I know."

       "Then why do you keep on skipping it?" She wondered "and what were you thinking about a few minutes ago?"

       I paused, biting my lips nervously. I couldn't possibly tell her what I was thinking about.

       He was more of a who.

       Blaze.

      I couldn't get him out of my head for some reason. How his perfectly muscular torso felt under my hands,how he felt against me,his perfectly sculpted face,his incredibly green eyes.

      His lips.

      How'd they feel against mine? I wondered,blushing lightly.

      "You're blushing!" Nesta accused. "You're keeping secrets,spill."

        I sighed,wondering what to tell her because I didn't really know any thing about Blaze apart from his name,that he liked pumpkin pie and he smelt incredibly awesome.

        "Spill!" Nesta hip checked me excitedly.

        I then reluctantly looked up at her then froze.

        Behind her,walking down the hallway and surrounded by a group of jocks was Blaze.

       He was on the football team? I wondered as I drank in the glorious sight of him in a letterman jacket which bore the school's crest and colors.

      He had the body of a superbly trained athlete -which undoubtedly he was,wide shoulders and a toned, muscled torso which was obvious though the sports shirt he wore under the letterman was not too form fitting. But what caught my attention though,were the jeans which hugged his long,powerful looking thighs lovingly. Thankfully they were not skinnies.

     How I'd love to be those jeans...

    As if hearing my scandalous thoughts, Blaze looked up from the guy he was talking to and met my gaze. Recognition flared in those gorgeous, green depths and a slow,sexy smile graced his face. He then gave me a slight nod of acknowledgement.

    Panicking when curious eyes turned to see who he nodded at,I cooly ignored him and whispered intently at Nesta, "let's get out of here!"

    "What?" She complained whiles using an eyeliner. "Why?"

     She then picked up her books and shut the locker without another word after seeing the desperation on my face.

     "Talk." She demanded as we stood in front of my class. Just then the bell rung,saving me.