1.

Beckett’s POV

It wasn’t until 6 that I finally got home. The kids were at my Dad’s house and Castle was at a late meeting with his publisher so that they could discuss the release of his new book.  

I decided to make some dinner so that once Castle and the kids got back we could eat.

I walked to the kitchen and grabbed all the ingredients to make my famous beef stew.

I placed the beef into a pot to cook and switched on some music to listen to as I made the gravy. The first song to come on is called Everything has changed which is my favourite song.

I start to hum the lyrics as I mix in the ingredients but as the chorus comes in, I start singing along.

"And your smile in the back of my mind making me feel like

I just want to know you better, know you better, know you better now

I just want to know you, know you, know you".

As the song progresses I start to get louder and louder.

"Cause all I know is we said hello
And your eyes look like coming home
All I know is a simple name, everything has changed
All I know is you held the door
You'll be mine and I'll be yours
All I know since yesterday is everything has changed".

Just as the song gets to my favourite part, Castle walks in with the kids but I don't notice them and keep singing.

"And all my walls stood tall painted blue
But I'll take 'em down, take 'em down and open up the door for you
And all I feel in my stomach is butterflies the beautiful kind
Making up for lost time, taking flight, making me feel like".

Then all of a sudden a deep voice started to sing the chorus with me. As I turned around, Castle walked in and sat on the stool as he sang and watched me cook.

"I just want to know you better, know you better, know you better now
I just want to know you better, know you better, know you better now
I just want to know you, know you, know you".

I stop singing as I start to serve dinner but Castle sings on and lily joins in.

'Cause all I know is we said hello
And your eyes look like coming home
All I know is a simple name, everything has changed
All I know is you held the door
You'll be mine and I'll be yours
All I know since yesterday is everything has changed

"Come back and tell me why
I'm feeling like I've missed you all this time
And meet me there tonight
And let me know that it's not all in my mind

I just want to know you better, know you better, know you better now
I just want to know you, know you, know you".

I walk back into the room and the song is just ending. Castle is still sitting on his stool but Lily has hopped up onto his lap and is staring up at him as they finish the last words.
Once the song finally ends, Jake and Reece run into the room, clapping their tiny hands and giggling. This brings a bright smile to my face, seeing my family all together.
I walk up to Castle and wrap my arms around his neck while giving him a quick peck on the cheek. He smiles and leans down to Lily and starts whispering in her ear and whatever he is saying must be funny because she starts giggling too and runs off into the dining room.
Castle looks up at me, his eyes gleaming with happiness.
"What did you tell her,"I ask with a confused face.
"Nothing baby," he tells me as he leans up and kisses my forehead.
I just smile as I go to grab the kids some juice.
"Hey, Kate" Castle says as he gets up off his stool to help me.
"Yes Rick" I reply, unsure of what he is about to say.
"Don't you think Lily sounds like you when she sings?" he says as he passes me 2 beakers.
"Yeah, she does,"I say as I turn round to see Lily eating her dinner at the table and the boys trying their best to sit on the seat but failing.
I grab the drinks and place on the table as I pick up the twins one by one and place them in the chair so they too can eat their dinner.

As I look around I realize how happy I am and I can't believe u hated this man when I first met him and now he is the love of my life and the father of my children. 
He grabs my hand from the seat next to me and gently kisses it.
"I love you," he says.
"I love you too" I reply.