Chapter 2

Today was one of those rare days that Frankie got to go to work with her daddy. Even though her daddy wasn't a rock star or something fun like that, she still enjoyed watching her daddy teach the things he did.

Luke was a high school biology and physics teacher. The job was steady, and it paid just enough to get him and his daughter through each day. He loved science since the day his biology class took a trip to the science museum.

When Luke woke up to Green Day blaring out of his alarm, he took a quick shower, and changed into his dress shirt and pants. He walked into the toddler's baby blue room, and sat on her bed. He kissed the little girl's forehead, and ran his finger through her hair. "It's time to get up babes," he whispered.

Frankie slowly fluttered her eyes open. It was only 6:30am, but it was really early for her. "Good morning sunshine," the young father cooed. The girl just groaned, and turned away from him. "Frankie, you're going to daddy's work today. You gotta' get up and get dressed. You can sleep on the way there," he compromised.

The small girl huffed, and slowly sat up. She rubbed her eyes, stretched, and yawned. Luke picked her up, and carried her over to her dresser. "What do you want to wear hon?" Frankie pondered for a moment before shrugging.

Luke sighed, and sat Frankie on her bed. He pulled out some leggings and a random shirt. He looked back to see his daughter nearly falling asleep again. He walked over a picked her up. "Okay, for today, daddy's going to have you wear a pull up. I won't be able to take you to a bathroom at any time, so its just in case you have an accident," he explained, starting to change her.

---

Since it was the first day for high schoolers, there would be a lot going on. Students would be coming in late, there would be many announcements, and it would just be hectic in general.

Luke set his daughter down, and rushed to get things set up. While he did this, Frankie guided herself towards the fish tank in her father's classroom. As she looked in the tank, she noticed there was a star shaped thing sticking to the glass. She gasped in amazement and looked towards her dad. "Daddy, there's a star in here!"

Luke chuckled, and made his way over to her. He crouched next to her, and looked in the fish tank.  "That's a sea star. You know, like Patrick from Spongebob?"

"Is his name Patrick, too?"

"Sure baby," he laughed, kissing her cheek. Luke got up, going over to sit at his desk. He started sorting through papers for that day as Frankie continued to stare into the fish tank.

"Daddy, there's Nemo in here!" He heard the little girl squeal in excitement. He just chuckled and continued sorting the mass of papers. Before he knew it, the first student walked in, and then another. Within a few minutes, the bell rang and the class was full.

Since this was his physics period, he mainly had juniors and seniors. He knew all of them, with the exception of a new student or two, and he expected them to be on time since they knew the school well. Luke scanned over the classroom, smiling when he saw that the class was mostly filled with the hard working students.

"Good morning everyone!" He greeted cheerfully. "As most of you know, I am Luke. Though when other teachers and staff are around, I am Mr. Hemmings," he explained. There were a few chuckles throughout the class. He looked over to the fish tank only to find that Frankie wasn't there.

His eyebrows scrunched in confusion. He scanned the room for her, but she wasn't there. As he looked, the students murmured, most likely talking about how he's gone crazy in the mind. Luke went behind his desk to see the little girl hiding under it.

"Frankie, wanna' go say hi?" He asked quietly. She quickly shook her head no with a frown. "Why not? You've seen them before. Remember last year when you worked with daddy?" She quietly responded with a hum. "So how about I'll say hi with you?" He suggests, even though he would've introduced her anyways. Frankie hesitantly nodded and allowed her father to pick her up.

He stood in front of the class once again with a warm smile. "So as a few of you know from previous years, my daughter, Frankie, will come in sporadically. It used to be she would come in almost everyday, but sadly she's going to kindergarten," he coos, looking at the small child in his arms.

"No," Frankie whined. "No school." The class burst into chatter about the most random things. Luke just chuckled, and quickly quieted the class down.

"Since most of you know the drill already, let's get straight into learning!" Immediately, the class groaned. Little did they know, it would be the sweet, sweet torture of doing a pretest...

---

It was getting late, and nearly Frankie's bedtime. Luke had just finished getting her ready for bed, and was about to put her down for the night.

"Daddy, can you sing me the Sleepy Siren song?" She asked as Luke laid her down in the small bed. He couldn't help but smile at the little girl. Her favorite song, believe it or not, was Sleeping With Sirens Scene One - Audrey Hepburn and James Dean. Growing up, Elenoir would sing that song ever night when she put Frankie down.

"Sure babes," he smiled. He began softly singing the lyrics to the song. As he sung he turned off the main light, but leaving the fairy lights on. He sat on the edge of her bed as soon as he started singing the chorus. He watched as Frankie's eyelids slowly drooped closed. Before he knew it she was asleep.

---

It was late at night, well, early morning. Approximately 2:30am. Frankie had woken up from a dream gone wrong. She looked around the room as tears ran down her face. Luckily, her father always left the little, round lights on as a night light.

She clutched her blankie in one hand, and dolphin stuffie in the other. She quickly tiptoed down the hall, wanting nothing more than to be in the safety of her dad's arms. She slipped into his room, and cautiously climbed onto the large bed. She squirmed in under the covers and cuddled into her daddy's back.

When Luke felt the little figure curled into his back, he turned over, dazed and half asleep. He studied Frankie's tear stained face as she laid, curled up. "Frankie, are you okay?" He whispered.

"I had a scary dream," she murmured, trying to get as close to her daddy as possible. Luke cooed at the three year old, and wrapped her in am embrace. Soon enough, Frankie was asleep once again, and so was Luke.

Okay, so what do you guys think of the book so far? I know it's probably very cliché. However, I'm going to ease back as much as possible on the cliché, but keep it at the right level (if that makes sense).

DM me some story ideas for some chapters. I want to know what you guys want to see. Also, the guys will be introduced soon. I'm just trying to introduce Luke and Frankie's characters, so you get the idea of the story, and its vibe.

-Andrea