Chapter 3

I never mentioned a lot of Luke's background and stuff. Just know Luke, Frankie, and the other three live in Michigan (USA). Their families are still in Australia.

"Daddy," Luke heard a voice whisper excitedly. He opened his eyes, and looked next to him to see his excited daughter.

"What hon?" He asked hoarsely.

"It's snowing!" Frankie giggled happily, trying her best not to start jumping on the bed.

"Yeah?" He smiled softly.

"Yeah! Can we go play in it?" She pleaded.

Luke thought for moment. He didn't really want to go out in the cold, but on the other hand, it would make his daughter ecstatic. "Fine, but first you need to eat breakfast, and clean your room."

Frankie's face dropped when he said that. "I don't wanna' clean my room," she pouted, crossing her tiny arms.

"But you will," Luke informed, getting up to throw on a T-shirt.

"No!" She yelled.

Luke immediately turned around, giving her a warning look. "What did you say to me?"

"No! I don't wanna' clean my room!" She angrily yelled at her father.

"Frankie, if you want to go outside, you will clean your room and not throw a fit. There's only a few toys and books you need to pick up. And then you just need to make your bed. If you keep arguing with me, you won't go outside at all," he declares, already getting a little frustrated.

She jumps off the bed, stomping off to her room. Luke finishes getting dressed, and walks into his master bathroom. He looks in the mirror with a sigh. He runs his fingers through his hair when he noticed the bags under his eyes and the dull look in his eyes. He needed to get out more...

"What happened to you, Luke?" He asked himself quietly.

He walked out of his bathroom and went to check on Frankie. As expected, she was slowly cleaning up her little mess of toys. The little girl saw him standing there, and pouted.

"Daddy, I don't wanna' clean," she whimpered.

He looked at the little girl with a small frown. He hated when she was upset. "I know baby, but the sooner you get done, the sooner you can play outside," he informed. Right away, the little girl began rushing around her room to finish. "Don't forget to make your bed," he reminded her.

He walked away and went into the kitchen to make breakfast. When he was nearly done, he heard the front door open. "It's Ashton," he heard his best friend yell. He had given Ash a key to his house a little bit after he moved in since he came over so often.

Luke and Ashton had met through Calum, another best friend. Luke and Calum have been friends since grade school, but didn't really become good friends until later on. However, Luke met Ashton when he was searching for a job.

Calum had mentioned knowing somebody who works at a school that had an opening for what Luke wanted. So Luke took the opportunity in a heartbeat. In the process, he ended up becoming great friends with the one and only Ashton Irwin, whom was also a close colleague.

Ashton walked into the kitchen to see Luke cooking up a storm. As if on cue, Frankie ran down the stairs, screaming for her Uncle Ashton. He gave a bright smile, lifting her up with a twirl. "What's up Franklin?"