Chapter 4

Happy belated holidays and happy New Year everyone! This was supposed to be up Christmas Day, but here we are now... Oh yeah! This was supposed to be a Christmas chapter, but ya know. That didn't happen...

Luke walked into Ashton's house with Frankie on his hip. He was greeted with little kids hugging his legs. They were all screaming 'Uncle Lukey' while jumping up and down. Luke looks down to see Conner, and Heather's twins, Gabriela and Gayle. Not that he could tell them apart...

Frankie rested her head on Luke's shoulder as her father said his hellos to everyone. Luke sat on the couch next to Calum whom was holding his new puppy, Rocky. Frankie whined and buried her head into her father chest when Rocky decided that she would jump on her.

"Rocky no," Calum scolded, pulling the small black puppy off of us. He looked at Frankie and smiled "Sup Frankie?" Immediately, Frankie his her head in Luke's shoulder with a whine. He rubbed her back as Calum gave him a slightly confused look.

"She didn't get much sleep last night," Luke explained to the confused man. Calum loosened his slightly tensed frame and sat back. "Where's Mikey?"

Mikey (or Michael) was Calum's boyfriend. Calum and Michael had been best friends for a long time, but they didn't confess how much they liked each other until a little after high school. Honestly, Michael didn't like Luke at first. He felt that he was taking away HIS best friend. However, that was solved a little while later once Michael and Luke got to know each other.

"Mikey's out in the kitchen talking with Cora. He's hoping to get advice about how to take care of kids," Calum chuckled lightly. Luke raised an eyebrow.

"Is there something I don't know?" Luke asked, sitting up. The movement caused Frankie to adjust slightly into a more comfortable position.

"Well, he and I have been talking about possibly adopting a child. It's not something we're fully committed to doing yet, but we think it'd be cool to have a kid or two running around once we're married," Calum explained to the curious man next to him. Rocky started to whine at Cal, signaling she probably has to pee.

"Well, I think you and Mikey would make great parents. I support it," Luke smiles.

"I appreciate it. But I'll be right back. I need to let Rocky out," Calum says, standing to his feet.

"Daddy," Frankie whimpers, looking up to Luke. When he looked down at her, she had tears running down her face.

"What's wrong honey?" He asked worriedly, wiping away her tears with his thumb.

"I wanna' go home," she cried.

"But baby, we just got here. Don't you wanna go see your aunts, uncles, and cousins?" Luke cooed to the small girl.

"No!" She sobbed. He stood up, holding the small girl closely. He went over to Ashton, asking if there was a place he could talk to Frankie alone.

"Aw, what's wrong Sunshine?" Ashton asked the little girl. Frankie just his her face in Luke's neck. "You can just go up to my room. You know where it is," Ash smiled.

Luke nodded, and took Frankie up to Ash's room. He closed the door and sat Frankie on the bed. He kneeled down in front of her. "Frankie, are you going to tell Daddy what's wrong?" Luke asked the teary eyed girl. She just shrugged and looked at her lap. "Honey, you need to tell me, or I can't make it better," he explained.