Chapter 18

Liam Brown to the side

Maya wraps me up into her arms. I guess she thought hugging would instantly make everything better.

Once Maya let's go we just look at eachother for a while.

I search her eyes to see if I can find any emotion and i'm sure she's doing the same.

Maya opens her mouth but before she can get anything out I cut her off. "Thanks for listening to me chatter. Seriously I just needed to get everything out."

Maya nods before saying. "Yeah I understand that you had to rant, but this is pretty serious Ashlynn. I mean Kelsey DID hit you. Don't you think you should tell someone that could actually help everything?"

I shake my head quickly before saying "Maya, I don't- scratch that. I can't get Kelsey into trouble. I can't bear to see her in a bad situation knowing that I put her there. Now i'm happy that you care, but I just wanted to rant. Not to do anything."

I can tell Maya is unsatisfied, but she shuts her mouth. Before she can say anything else I say "But anyways. I feel a lot better. We should get back. Thanks again for listening to me." After those last words come out of my mouth I get up and start walking to the door.

Maya hesitates for a while before following.

We reach Kelsey's door and right as i'm about to reach for the door Maya grabs my arm stopping me. "Are you sure you wanna go back in there Ash?"

I huff before saying "I'm sure Maya. Thank you for caring, but i'll be fine. Besides it's only a few more weeks."

Maya nods and lets me open the door.

As soon as I step one foot into the room Kelsey's eyes go to me. I see a glimmer of caring in her eyes before I quickly turn my head away.

Maya and I both sit back in our spots.

I look down at the ground trying to find the courage to look at Kelsey. I finally look up when I hear her voice. "Ashlynn are you okay?" She asks in front of the class. I slowly nod my head and soon she begins teaching again.

Before long it's time for our break.

It's weird not staying with Kelsey.

I walk out with the girls and I kind of just stand there. It's been forever since i've spent a break with them. I turn to Maya and Stacy expecting them to take charge, or at least tell me what we're about to do.

Both of them just look at me. I finally just say "So what do you guys normally do during break?" Stacy finally opens her mouth and says "Well normally we just go in the playroom and yeah."

So basically they just wait until class starts again? Sounds boring. I decide to voice my thoughts "That sounds boring." I say to the both of them. They just shrug and I put my finger up to my mouth and tap, thinking of what we could do. "AHA!" I finally scream once I get the perfect idea.

"Come with me." I say as I grab their hands leading them to where I want to go. As we start walking Stacy says "But what about the other girls? You know? Our friends."

I roll my eyes "They won't be that upset. Besides it's just like 15 minutes. IF they are upset we should be worried because then that means that they can't be on their own and that's weird."

I keep walking and basically ignore their questions.

"Where are we even going Ashlynn?" Maya asks.

I finally let go of their hands and point to the sea of buildings in front of me. "Why did you bring us to the main hall on campus?" Stacy asks.

I roll my eyes and say "Guys, haven't you noticed that we've spent the summer here and haven't even really left the freshman hall. It would be such a waste of the gorgeous college if we don't explore it at least once."