Chapter 4: Youth's Love

When Mr. Allen awoke, I was just organizing the files that were scattered all over his desk. They were overdue for a cleanup, even though I've only been gone for only a day or less.

He groaned and rubbed his temple, "Another seizure,?" he stood up and observed the room.

Not pausing in my work, I replied, "Yes, sir." after placing the papers in proper order, I turned with a guilty expression on my face, "My apologies, sir. I was the one who triggered it and I have no---"

Mr. Allen stopped me from continuing any further with just a wave of his hand, "There is absolutely nothing to worry about, secretary. This is not your fault and I have not intention to fire you." he brushed the small bits of dirt off of his clothing, "Perhaps I will take your advice and retire to my home... I haven't had a moment of peace for a while now."

I hurried over to where I hung his expensive coat and slid it onto his arms, "There you go sir."

"What about my suitcase?" He asked.

"No need to worry sir. You must consider your rest as the top priority for now. I will take care of all the business you have to do." I patted the leather suitcase that was placed on top of his desk.

Mr. Allen smirked, "Are you sure you can handle it?"

I stood up straight and smiled, "Yes sir! You are already aware of my educational background."

Turning, he chuckled and left the room waving his hand, "Then I leave everything in your hands."

Scurrying over to his side, I asked him, "Do I need to call in a driver for you, sir?"

The keys jingled in his hands, "Nope. I think I can manage." with those words he left. I hoped that he would not get into an accident.

Sighing, I sat on his chair and faced his computer. There were a lot of things that I had to do. Staying overnight was a must. Sure it meant that she wouldn't be able to sleep for a while, but her dreams can wait. I made a mental apology for White. Sorry, but it can't be helped.

As I zoomed through the work that Mr. Allen wasn't able to accomplish in time, I thought about him.

We had a lot things in common. First of, we were both orphans. We know what it was like to be alone and scared. He worked hard in order to get to where he was now and that was what made me admire him the most. Another is that we were close in age. Perhaps not so close, but a five year gap isn't that much of a difference.

At least for me, and also I am not telling you my age any time soon.

Mr. Allen was quite the handsome fellow. Speaking of handsome, I remember Second. I made a small smile when the sound of his voice and the wink he made flashed in my head. Cute.

Don't misunderstand. I do not intend to get into any romantic relations with my boss. It is undignified and unprofessional. Our relationship is basic employee and employer.

Even thought I thought this way, I can't help but imagine what it would be life if he and I did enter a relationship. I never had the time to become interested in love, after all, I spent almost all of my time working hard in order to reach the top. If I did have a choice in who would be my lover, it would be Mr. Allen.

Still though, I am not going to date him. Never.

I spent the rest of the time I had working on the business that Mr. Allen was unable to do, and because of this, my sleep deprivation may be becoming worse than before. I have to help him, so this was nothing. A few days of no rest isn't enough to bring me down.