chapter 1

"Shit, Niall, I didn’t do my homework last night give me yours." Liam rushed into the classroom, flopping down in the seat beside Niall, causing the Irish boy to jump slightly. He slid his paper over to him.

"Did you really need to freak out on me?" 

"Well the bells about to ring and I can’t afford to get a bad grade in here again." 

"She doesn’t normally collect homework at th-" Niall stopped mid sentence, watching as Harry walked into the classroom, alone, and sat two seats in front of Niall.

Liam looked up to see why Niall stopped talking. 

"Liam, Harry walked in alone. Zayn’s not here." Niall grinned. 

Liam shrugged, looking back down at his paper, finishing up the last question. “Go talk to him then."

"But the bell’s about to ring." Niall immediately came up with an excuse. 

"So go talk to him until it does, you’re just waisting time." 

Niall gulped, starring at the back of his curls. “Go on." Liam encouraged. Niall’s palms began to sweat as he stood up. He looked over and down at Liam who smiled back up at him. He walked until he was standing in front of Harry’s desk. The bell rung as Harry looked up at Niall.

"Yes?" Harry cocked his eyebrow inwards. Niall licked his lips, sighing as he saw Zayn sit down beside him, eying him up. 

"Do you have a pencil I can borrow?" Niall asked quietly, looking down at his desk instead of Harry’s face. 

"Yeah sure." Harry got into his bag and handed Niall a pencil smiling.

Niall walked back over to his seat as the teacher began talking, walking around and collecting homework. 

"Don’t talk to me." Niall slumped down further in his chair, not even looking over at Liam. 

"A pencil, really?" 

"I panicked and Zayn showed up and he’s not even into me what does it even matter?" 

"You don’t know that." Liam tried. 

"He’s got a boyfriend." Niall glared as he watched Harry and Zayn talk amongst themselves, Zayn’s hand on Harry’s thigh.

"That doesn’t mean anything." 

"Whatever, I don’t want to talk about it anymore." Niall pouted, resting his chin on his forearm. 

Liam laughed beside him. “You’re funny Niall."

"What? How?" Niall looked up at Liam, confused. 

"You always open up to me with your problems but when I try and help you or give you advice you get pouty and pissy and then close up." 

Niall’s cheeks turned slightly red. “Maybe because I want you to say the right thing."

"And I’m not?"

"No, you never tell me what I want to hear."

"So you want me to lie to you and say what sounds good?"

"Kinda."

Liam laughed. “You’re always right Niall, everyone loves you. You’re going to have a great relationship in the near future." 

Niall laughed out loud, rather loudly, catching the attention of a few of his class mates, including Harry and Zayn. 

"What that’s not what you want to hear?" Liam laughed himself. 

"Screw you, Liam." Niall smirked, rolling his eyes.