( .I | RUN BOY RUN! )

< LAISSEZ FAIRE >

chapter i, run boy run!❝THIS WORLD WAS NOT MEANT FOR YOU❞

❝THIS WORLD WAS NOT MEANT FOR YOU❞

♜♖♜

           TESHA ALWAYS HATED THE BELLS. When they rang, nothing but horror was to come. It was always the same, ever since she was a small child. The bells would ring, and from them would arise the news of death, and despair, and suffering.

And so when she had heard the incessant clanging of the bells as they signaled Jon Arryn's death, she knew there would be more to come.

She knew it when she'd heard of the treasonous Lord Stark, that he'd attempted to take King Joffery's throne, and seize it for himself.

This had surprised her. Lord Stark seemed a good man, he presented no implications that he was capable of anything of the sort. After the first visit he had made to her, he did not call upon them again, however she did see him once more several days before his death, at Littlefinger's brothel. He was visiting little Barra, and her mother, Mhaegen. Tesha didn't overhear much of their conversation, but before the Lord Stark left, she spoke to him for the last time. Again he had asked her if she was well, and she the same, and they parted ways.

She had watched with the other girls from the balcony as his company was savagely attacked by the Kingslayer and the Lannister men. Shouted foul obscenities at the armored man who drove a spear through his leg, as his men all around him were killed. When the Kingslayer stabbed his companion, Jory, she had known his name to be, the man who had been with him when he visited her home, she had felt a sick, dreadful feeling in her stomach. The feeling she usually had after eating a bowl of brown.

They'd left him there, wounded and bleeding in the dirt, while they cowered away and fled back to Casterly Rock.

The war had begun before any of them could blink.

Tesha, along with everyone else in this wretched city, had scrambled to stock up on whatever they could find to feed themselves. They knew it would not be long before there would be nothing left--The King and the rest of those damned snakes in the Red Keep wouldn't give two shits about the smallfolk. They never had.

Not long after that, the bells had rung once more.

Tesha had crowded outside the Sept of Baylor with many others as Lord Eddard Stark had been brought before the Gods and confessed to his crimes. Begged for the mercy of the good King Joffery and the Gods. Tesha had wondered which Gods he asked mercy from. The Seven, as the people of King's Landing did? Or the tree Gods in which she knew the northerners prayed to. Tesha had never asked anything of the gods, trees or seven-pointed star. What prayers of hers had they answered? What good did they bring to her? Their ancestors had killed people for their religion. She felt far safer staying away from such things, no matter that many found comfort in them. They preached so much about acceptance, and yet killed others for simply following a faith other than theirs.