Chapter 4: Misunderstanding

—Why did you call me back? Oracle... — a man dressed in black with his face covered by a robe of the same color stands in from of the throne of Utopia Avalon where the Oracle was sitting.

—It's already a week since our little (y/n) left so I was wondering how she was doing... — the white haired man smiled towards the hooded one recharging one of his elbows in the throne armrest and his head in his hand.

—She lost all her composure and returned to her child body... —

—I see...  So nothing bad had happen until now... Well — the Oracle sighed at that but somehow he was relieved that nothing has tried to harm (y/n) —then, return to Clarines and continue protecting her in the shadows. I have the feeling that something bad will happen soon— after ordering that, the hooded man bowed in respect before leaving the throne room —...how can I let him escape? It looks like he was more astute than I think. But I will not going to leave the things like this, I'll certainly find you and once I do that, you will be death...—

~~~

The sun lights passed through the curtains illuminating the room. Izana slowly opened his eyes as he sees with surprise the girl sleeping in his arms. She was back to her adult body now and the sight he have of her make him blush because she was only wearing a shirt covering her body.

—(y/n), wake up. Is day already— He called moving (y/n)'s body a bit. She slowly opened her eyes yawning before standing up from the bed and sit over it.

—Good morning Onii-san— she said rubbing her eyes and start walking to the door but Izana stopped her by her wrist.

—Where do you think you are going? Are you trying to escape again from me? — Izana asked a bit upset for that. He was unsure if she will going to disappear again if he set his sight away from her for a moment. (y/n) turned her sight to him and smiled.

—That time was because I was afraid of what you will think about me looking like a child. What if you think I was weird or strange? Will you call me a monster or even a witch? I was scared, that's all— she replied returning to his side and sit over his legs and placing her arms around Izana's neck —but you didn't look disgusted or scared by that, so I want to believe that it doesn't matter for you; that I can trust you. If you let me, I want to stay by your side always. Can I?—

—Yes, you can— Izana replied placing a hand over her cheek — I don't know why but I don't want to lose you; I feel that these feeling I have for you have been hero for a long time. How did I forget about you? I want you to stay at my side so that I can remember that; so that I can fully remember when and how I fall in love with you...— He move his hand to the girl's nape and pull her head close to him to kiss her again.

~Time skip~

Since that morning, (y/n) has been staying at Izana's side always and helped him with everything she can but the more time she passed by his side, she started to feel as if something was wrong between them; she have the feeling  that Izana is hiding something from her and that only upset her.

There were days when Izana leave the palace in the morning without (y/n) notice and return in the afternoon saying that he has something he must do and that it doesn't concern her at all; or times when Izana refused her to enter his study and order her to go and help Shirayuki or other things. That only make (y/n) starts to wonder so many things about her and Izana.

Was she really important to him? That question made her forgot about Izana for a moment and leads her to remember Shin, her counselor. Why he hasn't arrived yet? He said that he will come a week after her but three weeks has passed now. Did something happen in her kingdom to refrain Shin from coming?