Chapter 1: Prologue

Author Note: This story is similar to the story line of Final Fantasy IX but there is a lot of twist to it. To be honest I thought about this idea while doing chapter 11 of 'The White Ribbon And The Shadow Dragon', but for NaLu since Zidane the Thief and princess Garnet fit perfectly with Natsu and Lucy, then again too many stories about them. Then I was like, why not make another Kagura and Rogue fanfic? Your probably thinking, "Why pick Final Fantasy IX? And not Final Fantasy VII, X-2 or XIII-3 ?" Out of the games, in my opinion Final Fantasy IX is one of the classics yet romances games at all times plus it fits Fairy Tail perfectly. I'm still working on chapter 12: Ryuzetsu Land from 'The White Ribbon And The Shadow Dragon. '

Mainly Rogura and Stinyu

XXXXX
"Mermaid Heel squad stand tall! " Kagura order.

Kagura wears a gold and white sleeveless duster with a red M embroidered on the back, over a pair of black leggings tucked within a pair of armored boots, armored gloves and additional armor on her right arm. A large belt is secured around her waist at an angle, holding her sword, Archenemy.

Lyon smirk as he watch Mermaid Heel stand up tall with their heads up high like Kagura told them to as he glance at his squad. "Lamia Scale squad, stand tall as will! " He shouted.

Lyon have bluish silver spikey hair, a couple of strands jut upwards on the back of his head but some cover the upper left of his face. His eyes are black. He wears a somewhat a merival times shirt that have bright blue with yellow strips, the sleeves are cuffs in dark blue with black pants on them and boots.

"Dismiss! " Both Kagura and Lyon said in unison.

Their soldiers saluted before leaving. Lyon turn to face Kagura when she begin to walk away. "Tomorrow is princess Yukino sixteenth birthday. " Lyon inform her.

Kagura froze from her steps. Her hazel eyes shift to Lyon, glaring at him. "I'm fully aware that her Highness birthday is tomorrow. What about it? " She question him.

Lyon chuckle at Kagura question that made Kagura glare daggers at him. Lyon calm himself down from laughing. "You know, what's your favorite story? It's the same favorite story of princess Yukino, isn't it? "

She blink cup of times at Lyon question. " It's 'I want to be your Canary'. " Kagura answer.

"Aren't you going participate? " Kagura rise her eyebrows, trying to understand what Lyon is getting on about. "I meant since its going be your day off, aren't you going go see the play? "

"No... I don't have time for that. " With that said, Kagura walk away.

Lyon sigh out loud at Kagura answer as he push his bangs out of his face.

XXXXX
In the chamber, the princess known as Yukino is in her room, going through her stuff. Yukino have dark brown eyes with short, light-colored hair and fringes framing her face. Her hair is up to her shoulders. Yukino wears a white nightgown with small blue ribbons on her sleeves. She pull out the clothing and put it on top of her bed. She put both of her hands on her hips while smiling. "There. I got what I need for tomorrow night. "