Chapter 13: Yuuri Protection Squad

You had always questioned why the world was so cruel to beautiful things. How they said mean things to break them or to turn them into poison.

But you finally realised why the day that Lyn Haverbrook punched your best friend in the face.

Yuuri reeled back, clutching his injured cheek while you marched up to Lyn and grabbed her arm, glaring into her eyes like hell itself had possessed you when she made contact with his innocent face.

"Yuuri are you okay?" You asked, still glaring at your rival.

"Y-yes." He stammered out.

"If you touch him again, I will make sure you won't be touching anything again." You growled out.

She shook her head shakily.

--

The realisation happened again when some random man started criticising the way Yuuri skated, as if it was his opinion that mattered.

This time it was Phichit that defended him while you comforted him.

"You're opinion doesn't matter, and if it did it still wouldn't effect us because Yuuri is our friend and it's our job to make sure he gets better every time he skates, not yours. And if you're going to say something make it positive. Asshole." He said, staring the man down.

It wasn't like Yuuri couldn't defend himself; he could, but you always beat him to it. It was mainly you, for you had grown up with him and understood him better than anyone.

--

God forbid the person who called Yuuri a horrible name. Because Viktor was there the moment they did so, defending him, saying things back.

It was somehow always worse when Viktor was involved. People cried.

No idea why though. It was just a little name calling, if they can't handle it themselves, they shouldn't do it to him.

---------------------------------------------------

Yuuri appreciation chapter because for some reason people hate him and I don't know why.