Chapter 17: Leaving?

-a few weeks after the Grand Prix: Yuuri won.-

You looked at Viktor, excitement in your eyes. "I've been invited to train with Leo in America!" You exclaimed.

"What?" Viktor asked.

"Leo's coach said she would coach the both of us. I just have to go to America." You said.

"Oh..." he mumbled.

"What you did for me, that's the sweetest thing anyone ever did for me." You told him.

"All I did was coach you." He said.

"No. you believed in me...and loved me." You whispered.

He was quiet for a few moments. "Are you doing anything tonight?" He questioned

"Packing." You answered.

"No." he protested. "Go to dinner with me before you leave." He said.

"Viktor...I need to pack." You said.

"Please?" He begged.

"Fine..."

---

You sat with Viktor at a restaurant, a very popular one in Japan and ordered.

"(Y/N), before you leave town before your apartment is sold, you should say goodbye to our friends." He said, taking your hands.

"That would be nice." You said, smiling at Viktor. You were extremely happy today, a bit sad you were leaving, but more happy than anything.

The waiter sat your food in front of the both of you: Pork Cutlet Bowls, one last one before you left.

"I got you a present." Viktor said out of the blue.

"You didn't need to do that Viktor, this dinner is enough." You said.

"I wanted to get you something, ангел. It's the least I could do." He said, handing you a small box.

"What's this?" You questioned.

"Open it."

You did as he said, carefully opening the neatly wrapped blue box and revealing what was inside: a locket shaped like an iceskate.

"Oh Viktor, it's beautiful." You breathed.

"Look inside."

You opened it, on one side, there was a picture of Yuuri and Phichit, and on the other was a picture of Viktor and Maccachin.

"Were these recent?" You asked.

"Yes, but here's the best part: they're a pair." He said, holding up his own.

"What's in yours?" You questioned.

"You." He said.

You blushed, looking back down at your plate.

It was silent for most of the dinner.

---

You were walking hand in hand around town, looking at all the Christmas decorations that lit the plaza.

"You ought to stay." Viktor said out of the blue.

"What?" You asked.

"I could train you...and it's not like Yuuri has any problem with it." He said.

"What are you trying to say?"

"I'm just saying, your "vacation" can wait." He protested.

"Vacation-Viktor you're leaving too." You said.

"I'm moving into an apartment, you're leaving the country and we might never see you again." He said, his face was growing sadder by the minute, and it hurt you.

"What do you mean?" You questioned again.

"You get me addicted to you and then you leave, that's unfair." He said.

"Viktor, I don't know why you're mad at me." You whispered, sniffling slightly.

"I wish I was mad!" Viktor exclaimed.

You were silent again, the cold weather nipping your cheeks.

"I need to go pack..." you mumbled running off, necklace hitting your chest.

He watched you run off.

"I'm just too late...I love you." He said to no one.

-------------------------------------

Yes I know I skipped shit.

I meant to, this was supposed to happen.

It's what happens when you listen to In The Heights.