A Growing Relationship

It takes 2 days in the ship to go from Homeworld to Earth. It was nighttime, so another 12 hours until they got to their destination.  Although gems don't need sleep, Peridot was getting tired. She was just sitting down, driving the ship, and it was boring. She looked over at Jasper, and Jasper looked back at her. Peridot immediately turned back to the wheel, blushing. She could hear Jasper chuckle.

A few minutes later, Jasper finally spoke. "Peri..."

"What?"

"Do you, have 'feelings' for anyone?"

"W-what do you mean?"

Jasper was getting a little nervous, but she just had to get it over with. "I love you."

Peridot was shocked. Even though Jasper had been acting 'different' to her lately, it was still shocking to think that she loved her.

Jasper got up and walked to the drivers seat, where peridot was. She picked her up and sat her on her lap, facing her. Then, she pulled Peridot into a kiss. This time, still startled, Peridot leaned into the kiss, and after a long time, Jasper finally said, "You should get some rest. I'll drive the ship. For real this time."

"Okay" Peridot replied with a soft smile. She went to her room and fell asleep thinking of Jasper.