Jailbreak

Author's Note: (Ok, so at this part of the story it's going to become more of an AU because in the episode "Jailbreak" Peridot leaves in her escape pod and Jasper fuses with Lapis...and we don't want that to happen so I'm gonna be writing the Jailbreak episode in this chapter and it's gonna be different. Hope that makes sense. If you have any questions just leave a comment 😊)

  Jasper had decided to try sleeping. Peridot has seemed to enjoy it, so she thought why not give it a shot?

  She was only able to sleep for a few hours though, because she heard a bang against the ship. She walked into the control room. "What's going on? Are we being attacked?" She asked Peridot.

"Ugh, those stupid crystal clods are attacking the ship" Peridot responded.

"Well is the ship damaged?"

"No, their attack wasn't nearly strong enough to even put a dent in the ship."

"Really?" Jasper thought for a moment. "If they're that weak, why did you even need an escort?"

"They're difficult, and unpredictable...you'll see" Peridot said, a little embarrassed.

"Whatever you say" responded Jasper.

They were about to land the ship, so Jasper went to get Lapis. She found her cell. Lapis saw Jasper and was nervous. "What do you want? What are doing here?" Jasper could hear the slight panic in her voice. "We're here" was her only response. She got Lapis out and grabbed her wrist tightly so she wouldn't try to escape.

Peridot landed the ship, and the three gems went outside to meet with the crystal gems.

"That's them alright" said Peridot. "They're the ones that keep breaking my machines."

Jasper looked at what was left of the crystal gems. It was hard to believe that the group of gems that rebelled against the diamonds, fought in a huge war and poofed hundreds of gems was reduced to this. Pathetic.

"This is it?" Jasper asked, dumbfounded.

Peridot was tired of Jaspers attitude. "Jasper, they keep interfering with my work!"

Jasper sighed. "Looks like another waste of my time." Although she didn't mean it, Peridot felt like Jasper was saying that she was also a waste of her time.

The crystal gems were worried. Who was this new gem? What was she doing here? What was she going to do?

Jasper pulled Lapis out from behind her. "Hey!" She exclaimed. "Get over here." Lapis quickly pulled away. She hated this. Every minute of it.

She looked down and saw...Steven. Her only friend. She couldn't let Peridot and Jasper hurt him!

"Lapis" Steven said, acknowledging her.

"This is their base?" Jasper asked. "Yes" Lapis sadly responded. She had told Jasper and Peridot where the crystal gems were. She was forced to.

"You need to leave immediately!" Garnet shouted, warning them. "Yeah, step off!" "This is not a gem controlled planet!" Amethyst and Pearl added.

Peridot and Jasper, along with Lapis, jumped down from the ship onto the ground, where the crystal gems were.

"Neither of you saw Rose Quartz?" Jasper asked her fellow homeworld gems. "What a shame. I hoped to meet her. I was looking forward to beating her into the ground!"
'Jeez, always so aggressive' Peridot thought to herself.

Jasper continued. "But this is all that's left of her army? Some lost defective Pearl? A puny overcooked runt? And this shameless display?" She looked over at Steven. "What...is that?"

The crystal gems moved in front of him, protectively. They were ready to defend Steven at all costs.

"It calls itself the Steven" Peridot said, answering Jaspers question.

Lapis was worried, she didn't want Steven getting mixed up in all this. She didn't want him getting hurt. "He's just a human. He isn't a threat at all. He's not one of them!" Lapis tried to reason with Jasper.

"I know what a human is" Japer responded, slightly annoyed. "You don't need me for this" she told Peridot, annoyed that she had indeed wasted her time. "Just blast them with the ship." She started walking towards the ship.

"Ugh, fine" Peridot responded. She wasn't happy that she upset Jasper. But she also was annoyed that Jasper didn't believe her about how big of a threat this small group of gems was. Nonetheless, she got the blasters ready with her screen.

The crystal gems were starting to panic. The ship was huge, and the blasters loading made a loud noise! "Steven, get out of here!" Garnet exclaimed, afraid Steven wouldn't survive the blast.

"No!" He responded.

"I won't let you risk your life!"

"But this is my home, and you're all my family!" Steven was done being treated like he wasn't a crystal gem. Tired of not going on missions, tired of being underestimated, tired of not being able to control all his powers.

"Firing" Peridot said aloud.

"I'm...I'm a Crystal Gem too!" Steven pushed his way to the front of the group, while the big blast shot at the crystal gems.