▦ Chapter 2 | An Ability User ▦

Akutagawa walked towards you. You remembered his name. But who is he? Besides his name you can't remember anything at all.

"Puppeteer? Wha– What do you mean?" You turned to your back to see whether there was anyone behind you.

"It's you I'm talking about, [l/n]. Who else?" he hold your wrist and pulled them. "Come on, let's go back."

"Go back? Who are you anyway? And how did you know my name?" You struggled to free your hand. Akutagawa looked at you, confused. You knew his name, but you didn't know who is he. That's extremely odd.

"Do not play around, [l/n]. You still got a mission that you hadn't complete," he said sternly and tighten the grip with anger.

"Wha–"

"[L/n]-san!" You turned to see who was calling your name. It was Atsushi. He was running towards you. "Do not go near him. Run! Get away from him!" He shouted at the top of his lungs.

"Rashou– ow!"

Adhering to Atsushi's advice, you bit his hand that was holding you as hard as you could until he released your hand. He couldn't even activate his ability in time and winced in pain since his hand that was bitten had blood flowing from it. Taking this to your advantage, you jumped and kicked his neck hard enough until he fall and fainted ( A/n : I'm sorry, Akutagawa ~T_T~) and ran away from him and towards Atsushi.

"Are you okay, [l/n]-san?" Atsushi asked, worried.

"Yup, I'm alright. Thanks, Atsushi."

"Please do not leave just like that anymore! It's dangerous!" Suddenly, Atsushi scolded you.

"Eh?" You didn't know that he's so protective although you just met him.

"What do you mean by 'eh?' I'll get worried and killed by Kunikida-san if you're kidnapped by the port Mafia!"

"Cool down, Atsushi-kun." Dazai appeared and ruffled your hair. "Don't you see that this lady here seems totally confused? Let's just bring her back to the agency first then explanations and questions later. Plus, Kunikida will be more furious since you've just revealed our mission to her."

Atsushi sighed. "I guess you're right, Dazai-san."

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

You were brought back to the agency and was explained everything that had happen. That guy earlier — Akutagawa was a port Mafia member and has the most dangerous ability which is 'Rashoumon'. They also explained how Atsushi found you at a lonely lane, injured. So he brought you here and got treated by the doctor — Yosano Akiko who hold the ability 'thou shalt not die' which can heal people who were in the verge of death.

While they were explaining, you suddenly remembered a scene.

"Die," you said while shooting at a guy in front of you. You turned to your back to face a terrified man.

"Y-you d-demon! Don't – don't come near me!" The man was swinging a knife in front of him.

"Well, you're not worthy since you don't know anything about the weretiger. And I can't let you live. So how about, I let you die," you laugh hysterically and —

'Wait, did I—"

"[L/n]-san, are you alright?" Atsushi inquired while cupping your face lightly with his two warm hands.

"Y-yeah yeah, I'm fine. I'm fine. Don't worry," you pushed his hands away while patting it a little to assure him.

"O-okay... Well I thank you for explaining everything to me so... Yeah, I've got to go now," you said and got up.

"Not so fast, [y/n]-chan." Dazai stopped you.

"W-what?"

"Now is my turn to ask you a question," he smirked.

"Please do not ask me to commit a double suicide with you since the answer will always be a no." You deadpanned him and he just chuckled.

"Smart." He answered shortly.

"EH?! You're really going to ask her that earlier?" Atsushi who was sitting beside Dazai just gave himself a facepalm as he had nothing to say anymore.

"Besides that I'm kinda curious about your hand," Dazai pointed.
"My hand?" You look at your hand right at where Dazai had pointed and you saw translucent string came out your fingers.

"Wah!! What's that?!" you jumped a little and banged the chair behind you. Your hand immediately touched the floor to maintain your balance. Suddenly, Kunikida who was during quietly behind Dazai and Atsushi fell flat on his face.

"Ku-kunikida-san? Are you alright?" Atsushi asked. He's still scared of Kunikida due to the incident in the infirmary room earlier.

.
.
.

"He's not answering." Atsushi said. Nobody was helping that poor guy that had fell at all.

"Wait! Why are there strings on Kunikida?" you said horrified. Dazai hold your hand and the strings vanished.

"Uugh," Kunikida groaned and got up. "I see. That's a very dangerous ability you got there."

"Ability? Me?!" You exclaimed.

"And that's the more reason why you can't leave here," Dazai smirked.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

A/n : Hi guys! How's life?! So here's chapter 2! Hope you enjoy it. I hope this story is not bad though. Please vote if you love this story or you may give suggestion on how you want the story to go on.