2: Kyoshi Island

Edited: 6/30/19

Pushing the leaves and twigs out of the way, my eyes adjust to the change in scenery. From landing in a deserted forest to emerging in bustling village, I'm not sure which I should be more scared of: the fact that this island and climate is like none in the Land of Fire or that I don't recognize anything that should be familiar.

Key word: should.

Everywhere I see are villagers dressed in a blue garb of some sort and the occasional green soldier dressed in extravagant silks protected by armor. All were female warriors, which was an interesting notion not to be left out. Their faces bore bold face paint, both simple and elegant, no doubt meant to intimidate. However, as much as my memory and espionage experience served helping me, nothing is familiar...which is a little unsettling to say the least.

I have stumbled onto more questions with no justifying answers.

Nothing. One would think that spending so many years as a shinobi would help me a lot when it comes to identifying where the hell I was. This is somewhat distressing.

"Hey! What are you doing here, trespasser!?" 

Damn. Caught already? My eyes narrow in frustration. Must have a pretty good militia to spot me so quickly. I must be losing my touch. I school my scowl into a smile and turn towards the voice.

A girl with the same makeup wearing the green garb walked up to me followed by others of the same group. However, her headpiece and the authority in her voice speaks volumes of her role here. 

She's the leader.

"Hmm, me?" I asked, pointing to myself, a mask of innocence on my face. "I just got here, not sure how, but I'm kinda lost. Mind telling me where I am exactly?" I asked, scratching my head. Everything I said was the truth, but many would still find me suspicious for sure...I mean, who wouldn't find a bandaged girl in strange garb....strange? I sure as hell wouldn't, given these circumstances here, wherever "here" is. "My head hurts a bit...I think I must have hit it somehow," I murmured, rubbing the sore spot on my head. Now that wasn't a lie, I really must have hit the ground hard when I ended up in that forest.

"This is Kyoshi Island, home of the great Avatar Kyoshi," said a man, dressed in a blue robe lined with fur. He approached me with a careful gaze. "That should be common knowledge, but that doesn't excuse you from coming into our village unannounced. How do I know you're not a Fire Nation spy?"

"Kyoshi? Fire Nation?" I questioned with a perplexed look. Where am I? Just how did I come from one place and end up somewhere totally different. Many thoughts were running through my head so quickly, trying to make sense of the situation.

My name is Uchiha Hotaru. I am a missing nin.

Konoha used to be my home.

My best friends were Itachi and Sasuke. Itachi is my older brother.

Sasuke is my twin brother. He hates me for abandoning him and withholding information about Itachi. My affiliation with the Akatsuki has been severed ever since Itachi's death.

They were hunting me down when a hidden explosive tag went off. That must have been when I got this sore spot on my head. Then I woke up in a foreign forest. With nothing but myself, my weapons, and my scrolls.

Great. Just perfect.

My bangs hid my eyes from view, or at least I hoped they did. Nobody could know about my origin. Too many questions.

Too much suspicion.

Way too troublesome.

"I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about," I replied after a long silence. My head cast downwards in depression only added to my seemingly innocent persona. If they knew what I'd done and what I could do, it would be a disaster for sure. As usual, I put my acting skills to the test. Never been one to act, I prefer to experiment if anything. I inwardly sigh.