《2》Best Friend's Brother

×Meanwhile in Biology class, 5th grade×

×Yumi's POV×

Weird, Seo-Yun never told me about her older brother. He's pretty cute, though. Handsome face, pretty muscular body, cute smile...damn it Yumi, stop thinking that! He's the older brother of one of your friends, and your Biology teacher!

''Please, let this be a cruel joke.'' I heard Seo-Yun mumble. She had her head down, avoiding people's gazes. What is she actually worrying about? He needs to teach us something. He's not here to annoy his own sister.

Xiumin was handing out papers, immediately starting his first day with a pop quiz. I heard most of the students groan in annoyance, including me. My grades for Biology aren't that great. I started to get worried. I can't fail the first day with a new teacher. Still, no matter how hard I tried, I only knew three answers.

I tapped onto the table nervously as Xiumin checked the papers. ''Ms. Wonderland?'' he called. I'm fucked. ''Y-yes, Mr. Kim?'' I said, raising my head to meet his gaze. ''I would like to talk to you after class.'' He said, his deep voice ringing through my ear. I nodded, looking at Seo-Yun. She seemed surprised at her brother's behavior.

Xiumin left the classroom for a few minutes. ''Okay that's not my brother. He never acts like that.'' Seo-Yun said as she looked back at me and Lu. ''You're screwed, Yumi.'' Lu said, teasing me. ''Shut up, Lu. I can't help it that I suck at Biology.'' I said, embarrassed. It can't really be that bad, right?

Class finally ended, but I was still there with Xiumin. ''Do you have problems with Biology?'' he asked as he had my paper in front of me. ''It's obvious, right?'' I said, looking down at the floor. If I could disappear, than please. ''There's no reason to be ashamed. I can always help you.'' Xiumin said, slightly amused.

''Hey, a little secret. When I was in high school, my Biology grades weren't that good either. You can ask Seo-Yun all about it.'' he said, making me look up at him. I didn't speak at all. Was he making a joke or something? ''Do you want me to help you?'' Xiumin asked, giving me a questioning look.

''Uhm, yeah thank you.'' I said, picking my bag up from the ground. ''Well, I'll see you next class and feel free to ask for help when you need it.'' he said with a smile. I nodded, walking out of the classroom with a flustered face.