Forever and Ever (Chapter Two)

L FOR ANYBODY
__________________________________

Lauren sort of hated school, it was just the way she was but she was also good at it when she wasn't skipping and hiding by the picnic tables behind the school.

"Jauregui!" A voice shot from the double doors of the school.

Lauren would have been a bit frightened if she hadn't recognized the voice.

"Hey DJ. How's it going in there?" She asked, taking a sip from her energy drink.

"It's lunch time already, how long have you been out here?" Dinah asked taking a seat beside the girl.

"I don't know, since I got here." She shrugged.

"Lauren!" A chipper voice came from the doors as they re-opened.

"Hey Ally, Mani. What's up?" Lauren smiled.

"Yo." Dinah greeted them.

"Have y'all met the new girl?" Ally asked, taking a bite of her salad after she settled at the table.

"Who Camila? She's pretty cool." Dinah nodded.

"She's kinda weird but she's nice. You invite her to lunch with us tomorrow?" Normani asked.

"I'm thinking about it." Ally grinned. "Lauren, have you been out here all day?"

"Yeah, but you know me.. Always up for meeting new people during the oldest standing tradition of our group." She rolled her eyes and smirked, taking another sip of her energy drink.

"Okay, party pooper, I won't invite her to lunch, but she is going to be at my party tomorrow night." Ally smiled, shoving a bite of salad into the green-eyed girl's mouth. "You need to eat something, you're crabby."

"So get me a Snickers." She mumbled with her mouth half full.

After a minute of dull chatter the concept of initials came up.

"Did y'all see Camila's? It's an L. I'm thinking maybe Louis?" Ally asked.

"Or Luke? That punky guy that's always at Lauren's parties?" Normani suggested.

"Nah, Luke's is an M.. Might be Liam? What do you think, Laur?" Dinah nudged her.

"How do you spell her name?" She asked.

"With a C." Normani answered.

"Oh.. Well, Liam's is an B and I think Louis has an H?. Could be anybody though, might not even be somebody here." Lauren shrugged.
__________________________________

LUCKY LIKE ME
__________________________________

Lauren got through their group's weekly Saturday afternoon mall crawl just fine and lunch was great, but the impending doom sort of feeling she had about the day never went away.

Lauren didn't like meeting new people, she never really had, even though her amount of friends would prove otherwise, and she really didn't like parties all that much either but Ally threw the best.

"So, Laur. There's gonna be a lot of new people at the party you think you might mingle some?" Dinah asked.

"I dunno." She shrugged in a pathetic way.

"Dinah, come on. Don't push her, she's saving herself for her true love and all that jazz." Normani smirked.

"Keep teasing her about it and "all that jazz" is going to be unavailable for the next two or three weeks, Manibear." Ally smiled toward Lauren.

"Damn, Ally. I've never heard you threaten her with sex before." Lauren laughed.

"It's a recent development.." She shrugged with a giggle. "I call it reverse bribery."

"Well I call it, you got Mani whipped like you're Indiana Jones, so.." Dinah made a whipping motion with her hand and everyone laughed except Normani.

"Yeah, whatever. Maybe I'm whipped, but my boo is always happy so who cares?" Mani shrugged, earning herself a kiss on the cheek from her girlfriend.

"And that's called reverse psychology. Apparently more effective than bribery." Lauren teased and Dinah gave her a high five.

"I'm serious though, dawg. You gotta start meeting people. How you ever gonna meet your soul mate if you only socialize when forced to? You think they're just gonna come knock on your bedroom door and say 'Here I am, do you have a Tumblr?'" Dinah asked the green-eyed girl.

"How do y'all know that's not how it'll happen?" Ally asked seriously. "I've known my baby since she was a baby, I didn't go out looking for her. I just got lucky maybe, but maybe Lauren will too."

"Psh. She ain't that lucky." The youngest girl scoffed.
__________________________________

KINDERGARTEN PROMISES
__________________________________

Lauren sighed and slammed the door behind her.

Ally's party was ridiculously loud and Ally's room was relatively quiet so she grabbed the key from behind the bathroom sink and let herself in.

She leaned up against the bed frame and faced the door, ready to scream at anybody who tried to enter for delinquent tendencies and pulled up Tumblr on her phone.

Half way through one of her favorite blogs she heard the door open and looked up to find the most beautiful pair of brown eyes staring back at her.

"Oh, sorry I was just looking for-"

"The bathroom's down the hall.." Lauren cut her off. "There's one through there if you really need it."

She nodded toward Ally's bathroom door and waited.

"Actually, there's this kid who won't leave me alone.. I was just trying to hide." She smiled weakly, obviously nervous.

"Well.. I guess you can hide in here. It's all I'm doing." The green-eyed girl shrugged.

"I'm Camila by the way.." The tan girl said slowly, sitting down beside Lauren.

"With a C.. I know. I'm Lauren."

"With an L.. I'm guessing." She smirked. "What are you doing in here? Besides hiding?"

"Just scrolling through Tumblr.."

"Anything interesting?" Camila asked.

"Just the usual." She shrugged.

"Random porn and depressing song quotes?" She grinned.

"Good, It's not just me." Lauren joked, rolling her eyes before glancing back to Camila.

"You have really pretty eyes, Lauren." Camila said softly, a slight smile reaching her lips.

"Thanks, Camz.."

"What do you say we take this back to kindergarten? Wanna be my new friend?" The brown-eyed girl asked with a quiet giggle.

"Only if you'll be mine too." Lauren smirked.

"You have yourself a deal then, Green Eyes.." She nodded, shaking Lauren's hand briefly but letting her fingers linger against the older girl's palm.