Forever and Ever (Chapter Four)

HOLD ON TIGHT __________________________________

Lauren didn't like touching or being touched, she was prone to wanting hugs from friends when she was drunk but she had now, somehow become prone to cuddling with Camila whilst sober.

"Are you okay?" Camila asked as Lauren shifted behind her.

"I don't cuddle." Lauren scoffed.

"I can't tell." She rolled her eyes. "What if you're soul mate is a cuddler? What if they're a Koala like me and need tree hugs for happiness?"

"Then I'll buy them a forest and sleep on my own side of the bed?" She asked hopefully.

"Don't be ridiculous, Lo. Koala's don't live in forests. Come here, I'll show you how to cuddle." Camila demanded, wrapping her arms around Lauren's torso and laying her head on the older girl's chest.

"This isn't horrable.." Lauren mumbled.

"Shh.. I can hear your heart beating." The smaller girl whispered. "It sounds like my favorite song. Just a little bit.."

"What's your favorite song?" Lauren whispered back.

"Whichever one sounds the most like this.." She mumbled.

Lauren kissed the top of her head and ran her fingers through Camila's brown hair.

"Mine too.." She mouthed wordlessly before falling asleep with her arm around Camila's shoulder.
__________________________________

MAYBE
__________________________________

Lauren did like watching the stars, probably the most boring thing to do for most people but ever since she got her initial she would look up at the stars and pretend that her soul mate loved it just as much as she did.

"So we just lay here?" Camila asked quietly.

"Yup." The green-eyed girl answered.

"On the beach?"

"Yeah." Lauren smiled. "Just lay here on the beach, listen to the ocean, look at the stars.."

"Why?" She asked with a content sigh.

"Because somewhere out there.. Maybe your soul mate is too. Maybe.. Maybe the world is a big place, and instead of looking around for who we're supposed to be with, maybe.. Maybe we should just look in front of us." The taller girl sighed, laying back against the blanket to look up. "Maybe they feel that way too."

"Lauren?" The younger Latina asked after a few minutes.

"Yeah, Camz?" She responded not looking away from the sky.

"Am I what's right in front of you?" Camila gulped. "Because you've been right in front of me for a while and.. I just need to know if I'm making it up or not."

Lauren paused and licked her lips before shaking her head.

"I just keep waiting for yours to show up and take you away, Camila.. It's kind of killing me inside is all."

"What about yours? Don't you want them to come take you away? Go live in your castle like you wanted to when you were little?" She asked.

Lauren shook her head again.

"When did you stop dreaming about your soul mate?" Camila asked breathlessly.

"When I started dreaming about you.." Lauren said honestly.

Camila took a deep breath and leaned forward, pressing her lips gently but firmly against the older girl's.

"Your first kiss.." Lauren whispered when they broke apart.

"I'll never regret it, Laur.. Never ever." She swore, her brown eyes making the same promise.

"I think I love you, Camz.. It scares me more than anything, I swear." Lauren rolled her eyes.

"Don't be scared. Just fall in love with me.. I've been in love with you." She said, pressing a kiss to Lauren's cheek then one to her lips. "I don't care about anything else."

"Okay." Lauren nodded slowly as Camila cuddled up to her side.