"come, gentle night, come, loving , black-browed night, give my romeo."

Act II, Scene II

EXT: Vivian's Room

Late into the night, when the stars shined like Christmas lights and the breeze would lightly ruffle your hair, Vivian was tucked into her bed, sleep dangling in front of her eyelids. The party had lasted long into the night, and Weston had just dropped her off two hours ago, but her nerves had been spiked from him.

Who knew she could feel so light-headed but so down-to-earth at the same time.

Her cheek rested comfortably on her pillow when the first thump wiped away her sleepiness. She sat up lightning fast, looking around to see what the cause of the thump was as another one echoed around her room. Fear ricocheted up her spine as she slowly set her feet down on the cool wood floor, tip-toeing towards the balcony door.

Vivian clenched the curtains with her fists, taking a shaky breath. She didn't want to die this young. With shaking fingers, she threw back the curtains and opened the door, slowly walking outside.

That night breeze raised goosebumps across her arms, sent shivers down her back, and blew her hair away from her face.

She barely had time to squeal when a rock whizzed right past her face and thudded into her bedroom. She scrambled to the railing, looking down at a shadowed figure. At the figure's feet was a pile of rocks, and the figure was just bending down to pick up another one.

"Who are you?" Vivian hissed at the figure, looking back to make sure her parents didn't hear. "And what makes you think you have the right to be throwing rocks at my bedroom?"

The figure looked up at Vivian, and her breath got caught in her throat.

It was Weston.

It took her a moment to regain her breath, her thoughts, and her temper, so when she finally spoke it was in a calm tone. He looked up at her with a smirk in his face until she was ready.

"What are you doing here Weston? You could've broken my window."

His smirk grew into a bright smile. "I know, but I was willing to do it just to see your face."

A blush heated up her face, and she started rubbing her arms to generate heat. "Did someone slip something into your drink at the party that's just starting to be taking affect now?"

"If anything, I'm drunk on your love." He confessed with a little giggle.

"Weston, go home. You're not in your right mind. You'll regret everything you said tomorrow morning, if you remember it." Vivian sighed.

Weston looked up at her with puppy-dog eyes. "Regret what? Telling the world that I've loved you since you apologized for beating me in the third grade spelling bee. That everyday I see you walking down the halls, I just want to wrap you into my arms. That when you laugh, I wish that I was the one that delivered the punchline. It kills me that, everyday, you think that I hate you because of our parents. That I can't love the person I want to because of our families pride.

"Well guess what? I'm changing that. I don't care if my parents throw me out of the house with only the clothes on my back, because at least I would be with you, and that's all that matters to me. That I would be the shoulder you would cry on when the world knocks you down, and I would help you back onto your feet and never let you stumble. I could be the person that you share hidden smiles with, or go on picnics with, even if I was allergic to grass. I want to be with you, Vivian, and I don't care if you don't believe me or not, because I wouldn't be able to live with myself if you didn't know. I love you." He shouted the last part like he was shouting it to the world.

Vivian's eyes were wet as she quietly shushed him, not really meaning it. She looked down at him with adoration, her hands trembling as she placed them by her rapidly-beating heart. Her gaze gave Weston the last bit of warmth to thaw his heart, and he beamed like the heavens and the stars collided.

"I-I didn't know y-you felt that w-way." Vivian hiccuped, then laughed, before hiccuping again. "I-I'm so s-sorry. I'm not usually t-this much of b-blubbering mess." Tears were freely running down her face, but she smiled at him with all the affection one could show.

"Let me hold you." Weston whispered, stepping closer to the balcony.

"I can't come down there. My dad practically sleeps with one eye open." She whispered back, making sure her dad wasn't behind her.

"Then just reach down your arm." He whispers, holding up his hand.

Without a moment hesitation she leaned over so their fingers were brushing, not being tall enough to lean any more.

Weston hooked their pinkies together, catching her eyes. "Do you feel the same for me?"

"Yes." She whispered with a small smile, enjoying the look of pure excitement light up in his face. "But now I need you to leave before one of the neighbors hear us and report back to our parents."

"Do I have to?" He whined.

"Yes." She laughed.

"Okay, as you wish, my love. I'll come back in the morning, when my head isn't spinning like a top and I can fully appreciate how beautiful you are."

By that point Weston was already stumbling back to his own house as Vivian straightened, a blush now permanently on her face. She watched his retreating figure until he walked into his house, thoughts swirling around as sleep was taken from her mind.

She stood out there in her balcony long after the pain of leaning on the railing pasted, and only made a move to leave as light peaked up from the ground, coating the world in warmth.

A new day, a new beginning.