Chapter 3

Lucas's POV

"Today we will be learning about the Cold War." Said Mr. Matthews. "Does anyone know what the Cold War is about?"

Farkle and Smackle almost exploded in their seats.

"Farkle and Smakle time sir?" Asked Frakle.

Mr. Matthews gestured them to start.

Farkle and Smackle walked up the Mr. Matthews desk and flipped the name tag which now said Farkle and Smackle.

Farkle began, "The Cold War was between the United States and the Soviet Union-"

"Which was Russia at the time," Smackle added.

"The Soviet Union put missiles in Cuba for testing and the US didn't like how the missiles were so close to them," Farkle continued.

"Basically the Cold War was about the US and the Soviet Union trying to build bigger weapons against each other, but they were never used," Smackle finished and flipped the name tag so it now said Mr Matthews again.

"Thank you Farkle and Smackle," Mr. Matthews said as they walked to their seats.

This whole time I was wondering who would name their child Farkle or Smackle.

"So the Cold War technically wasn't a war at all. There were no casualties and no one got hurt. It was just a who could do better war. We are going to reenact that. I have assigned two groups of four to be the US and the Soviet Union. Riley, Farkle, Smackle, and Missy will be the Soviet Union, while Maya and Lucas will be the United States. Everyone else will be the judges to see which country makes the best weapons. Just to clarify there will be no real weapons," Mr. Matthews explained.

"Um.. Mr. Matthews? That's only two people for our group," I announced.

"Oh you'll see," Mr. Matthews replied with a smile.

I stared at the seat in front of me and sighed.

'This is going to be a long project,' I thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Percy's POV

Annabeth and I were going to be going to a school close by from Camp Half-Blood for a couple of weeks. Chiron told us that their may be two demigods there. He also told us that one of them was very powerful. We were going to check it out to see how powerful one of them was.

"So where are we going?" I asked Annabeth as I started the car.

It was actually one of Paul's old cars, but he let me have it.

Annabeth pulled out a map from her backpack.

"The school is called Abigail Adams Highschool. It's only about thirty minutes from here," Annabeth explained.

I started driving and soon Camp Half-Blood was behind us. Chiron made it so that we were exchange students from Greece who were staying there for a couple of weeks.

"Who am I staying with again?" I asked Annabeth.

She read through the papers that Chiron gave us.

"Um," Annabeth said reading the paper. "Someone named Lucas Friar and I'll be staying with a Maya Hart. Apparently those are the two demigods we are supposed to lookout for."

"This is going to be an interesting couple of weeks," I said.

Annabeth agreed.

We drove through New York, not ready for what's going to come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm really sorry for not updating. I hope you guys like this little chapter here. So Percy will be staying with Lucas and Annabeth will be staying with Maya. Farkle, Smackle, and Riley, may not be demigods, but it doesn't mean there isn't something magical about them.