Chapter 4

Annabeth's Pov

It has only been around thirty minutes, but Percy has managed to switch with me, so now I'm driving. I turned and smiled fondly at Percy who was sleeping in the passenger seat, drool dripping out of his mouth. It reminded me when I first met him. The thought made me grin as I turned back to the road and kept on driving. The passing of trees and extravagant noise of New York made me feel happy. I couldn't wait for the adventure that was about to happen. I was ecstatic. New York City is as beautiful as everyone says it is. The skyscrapers towered over us, and the vast variety of shops were almost overwhelming. As we drove into the city, the honking of cars got louder, the streets got busier, and the whistling of taxis could be heard all around. I'm surprised Percy hasn't woken up yet.

"Percy," I whispered trying to wake him up. I couldn't shake him awake because I was still driving. "Percy," I called a little louder. Nothing happened. "Percy!" I yelled. Not even a single movement came from Percy. I sighed and turned on the radio at full volume. Carry On Wayward Son was blasting. 'Wow, Paul has a weird taste in music,' I thought.

"WHAT! DEAN! SAM! CASTIEL! CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SOOOONN!" Percy screamed and shot up in his seat. He looked left and right rapidly and had Riptide gripped in his hand. He stared at me confused. I just shrugged.

"You wouldn't wake up," I said and continued to drive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maya's Pov

I woke up in the midst of a nightmare.

The same dream had been happening over and over.

"I was running through the woods. It was dead silent. The only sound heard was the crunching of leaves under my feet. The glint of the moon shone bright in the forest. I didn't know why I was running. I never knew why I was running. I'm always running, but the reason was never there. I just ran. Like I'm doing right now.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are," a voice was heard throughout the woods.

I ran faster, faster than I have ever ran before. I didn't know if the voice was following me, but I was starting to get tired. 'This is why I don't like gym class,' I thought to myself as I was running. The running looked more like me tripping over my feet over and over, but somehow I still managed to keep running. That is until I tripped over a stick and fell flat on my face with an oomph.
I lied there, too tired to get up. The voice was silent until it said one last thing,

"I am looking forward to meeting you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry about this really bad chapter. I had to have a fill in to show some things that would be important later, like Maya's dream. Sorry for this really short chapter too.

-Abby