Chapter Three- A Little Punishment

Chapter Four- A Little Punishment

Goners

                           1.

                             2.

Fuck.

This could only ever happen to me. My life was too unreal.

I woke up in the warm, warm darkness. An emerald bedspread was wrapped around me. It was satiny and cold, like my parent's bedroom. My head was swimming. The bed was horribly damp, like I'd wet myself. Then, light pierced into my closed eyelids.

Where the fuck was I?

My throat hurt. My body ached, like I'd been running. As my eyes opened and all I saw was Tyson. Tyson. Tyson. Tyson. Then tears pierced my eyes and I had to cover my face because I was totally going to cry.

"Oh, you cut him," a strange voice said. "You really cut him, alright! It'll take about a week for him to fully heal himself. Boy, did you cut this guy."

Behind him was was Estelle. The vampire lady who worked at the hospital.

Estelle clicked on the light, near the door. It gave the tiny room a harsh light, like a mad scientist lab. The woman wore a dark blue lab coat, which contrasted too nicely against her pale fangs. She smelled like lemons and toffee.

"Why am I here?" I asked. "What, did Tyson almost kill me again or something?"

"No," she laughed. "But you were passed out for a long time. We didn't know why... Though your vital signs are normal now, so you're probably fine."

I sat up. My movements were still jerky. Tyson was standing motionless, like a statue in front of my eyes.

"Aw," Estelle crooned. "Vampire and Donor, reunited. It's a moment made for the Soap Operas."

Estelle smirked at us. She pulled out a small pack of clear solution from the corner.

"Hopefully I don't see you again," she chirped. "Also, try not to stab your Master again. Learn your place, little blood donor."

Estelle shook her head at me, took the IV, and wheeled it past Tyson. Then she briskly walked out of the room, and down the hallway. I rolled my eyes, quietly, way up to the ceiling.

Click.

My eyes shot to the door. Tyson was standing in the corner, like a ghost. He had flipped the lock. I was starting to get a sense of déjà vu.

"Surprise," I said, and my voice was a little too gravely. "I'm awake now."

My head was throbbing, like someone was knocking a hammer into it. I held myself tight and stared at the ground, pretending to ignore his footsteps until they got closer to me. After a moment, Tyson towered over me.

Tyson murmured, "I'm guessing that you don't like this. But I don't think you understand how real this is."

"I don't think you understand how frightened I am."

"Oh," Tyson laughed, and his voice was a low staccato which made my shoulders shake, "No, I understand."

Another tremor rocketed up my backbone. I looked up at him. Tyson's face was all sharp angles, and his lips were parted. He looked strange and unusual. He looked like someone who would stab you if you messed with him. His grey eyes were dull, yet light, and mirthful, all at once. His long black hair was tied up in a long ponytail that dangled down his back. And even stranger, he was smiling.