- 16 -

The day of the Detective Agency's execution rushes forward. Once the time of death is upon the kingdom, citizens far and wide come to witness the deaths of our fallen heroes.

Each and every soldier walk up the platform with their heads held high. The opposing kings are seated up on the balcony, high above the dirt grounds on which the guillotine was rebuilt. Fitzgerald can't help but click his tongue with disgust at the wretched sight of traitors. A maid scurries forward to fill his glass with wine. Ougai is seated to Fitzgerald's left.

The untainted sight of gold hair throws him off. Fitzgerald can't help but choke on his next sip of wine upon the sight of his wife.

"Z-Zelda?" He wonders aloud, eyes looking down from the balcony. The king quickly composes himself, curiosity peaking his interest.

Citizens viewing from below begin to whisper among themselves, wondering why the queen is walking among the so called peasants.

Ougai takes not minds to the odd spectacle- that is- until Elise herself jumps out from behind Zelda.

"Elise?!"

Citizens, nervous with fear as to what is going on, back away from the royal misses. An opportunity is given to two cloaked figures, who step out from the crowd.

Fitzgerald is no idiot. Nor is Ougai one (as much as it seems). The two catch on quickly, and Fitzgerald's wine glass shatters in his hand.

Atsushi cries out in delight upon the sight of of his mentor, who, sheds the hood from their eyes. Chuuya follows suit.

"Darling? We'd like to request a meeting." Zelda smiles up at her husband. Elise waves to her favorite person, eyes twinkling with a window pane of mischief.

---

The citizens were cleared out of the palace. The detective Agency kept their post on the platform. Fitzgerald made it clear that their execution will not be cancelled- just postponed.

"We wish to unite Mali and Bonorum. Officially." Zelda cuts to the chase. If either kings were drinking something, they would have easily done a spit take.

You look to your mother, "What?"

She smiles before looking to Chuuya, "You opposed?"

He stares Fitzgerald in the eye. They hold no regret as he says a sharp, "No."

Elise looks at Ougai, "Please?" She bats her eyelashes. Ougai smiles innocently. "Well I don't see why not." He says.

If you were drinking something, you would have easily done a spit take.

"It's not that simple." Fitzgerald spits out with bitter anger.

Ougai spreads out his palm, "Well why should it be? There's nothing wrong with it. We've worked so well thus far."

You father attempts a cool composure, but you can tell that it will soon unravel at the speed of light.

"We're enemies."

"And here we are, dear Fitzgerald. Working together to capture these two. What were you planning on doing after taking them?"