2 : Arian Means Golden Life (Part 2)

Winter dashed forward, her sword aimed for the heart of one of the seven males surrounding her. Luckily, the male dodged in time to avoid the fatal blow but he failed to dodge the kick that followed, sending him flying. Winter then faced the remaining 6, her back now towards the Beacon walls.

Arian suddenly jumped into the fray, his bow in hand and an arrow already drawn. He quickly fired the arrow, forcing the closest member to his right to back off.

"What are you doing here?" Winter asked harshly.

"Oh you know. Just helping the school's Discipline Committee." Arian replied casually. His empty quiver suddenly creating another arrow for him to use.

"I didn't need help." Winter said, almost growling.

"We'll talk about the details after. For now.." Arian suddenly drew two more arrows from his quiver.

"We need to deal with these idiots."

---

Less than an hour later, after sending the seven to a hospital, Arian and Winter sat in a cafe just in front of Beacon. They sat across from each other, on either ends of the table.

"Why did you interfere?" Winter asked, taking a sip from her burning coffee. She then blew on it again, attempting to lower the temperature.

"One on Seven doesn't seem fair to me." Arian replied simply, his own coffee still on the table.

"I didn't need your assistance." Winter complained again.

"I never knew the heir to the Schnee company would complain so often." Arian joked, bringing an angered blush to Winter's cheeks.

"I do not!" Winter said, slamming the table with her palms. Arian took the moment to finally take a sip from his coffee.

"And by the way, to avoid blowing on your coffee wait exactly five minutes after receiving it. Makes it the perfect temperature." Arian said before he gulped the entirety of the delicious brown liquid down in one sip.

"Who taught you this?" Winter asked, taking a smaller sip.

"My mother." Arian replied, a sudden sad look casting it's shadows into his eyes for the slightest second.

"I see. I heard that your mother has passed away recently." Winter said, her tone softening. Arian nodded his head in response.

"Just last week." Arian replied, the sad look from earlier appearing again. This time, however, his black eyes maintained the look.

"I'm sorry to hear of your loss." Winter said, not knowing what else to say.

"Everyone is, and yet they still haven't found her murderer." Arian said, his right hand removing itself from his drink and balling itself into a fist. Winter was at a loss for words. After several seconds of pure silence, Arian eventually calmed down.

"Anyway, I should probably head back to Beacon. The headmaster won't be happy that I'm late."

"Being that he is one of our top students, I would like you to console him to the best of your efforts." The headmaster's voice echoed in her mind. She suddenly stood up as well.

"i'll accompany you. It's the least I can do to repay you for the trouble." She said, a quick change of events from her earlier annoyance at him. Arian wondered if it was the fact that he'd just mentioned his mother had passed that made her soften.

Arian nodded his head in response, finding no reason to deny her.

---

When Winter offered to return to Beacon with Arian, she never guessed that Arian would be sparring with the headmaster.

Arian's purple bow fired another energy-like arrow, only to be destroyed by the swing of the headmaster's large sword. 

"Too weak! You need to apply more force!" The headmaster scolded, taking a split second break. He then charged forward, the large sword following behind him. Arian fired three more arrows, all of which missed, then quickly jumped back. They were in the large Gym that Beacon used to host events, such as the school dance happening in three days. 

Arian suddenly lowered his bow. 

"I think that's enough for today. Thank you, Headmaster." Arian bowed before quickly leaving.