four ➼ red jasmine

red jasmine flower - flower of folly and glee

That afternoon, Newt walked faster to the great hall in hopes of seeing Felicity. She couldn't skip two meals in a row, right? And even if she did try to he knew where to find her. It was perfect. He couldn't go wrong. Newt had successfully made sure he had a way to get to Felicity. Yet there was a roadblock in his way that he could just barely breakthrough. And that barrier was, Leta.

"Okay seriously, why are you so obsessed with this girl?"

"Again, I simply find her interesting. May I go now, mother?" he teased a little, tilting his head and grinning. Newt was so intoxicated by the idea of Felicity that he had been starting to be more playful and confident around Leta. Instead of being his partner in crime or his secret crush, Leta was now merely his wing woman. Leta was unsure of how she felt about this. This was seeming to be a pretty long lasting phase...

"Don't you talk to your mother that way! At least eat your orange first." she teased back, earning a eyeroll from Newt.

"Please just let me go, I promise I'll hang out with you later. Please please pleasseee mama bird?" Leta narrowed her eyes and leaned forwards.

"How do I know you're not doing something that'll get you in trouble."

"If I was getting myself in trouble you'd already know, mama bird. You finding that I'm in trouble is your specialty."

"I'm starting to think this girl is trouble..."

"She isn't in the very slightest, I swear. She's very, very lovely and pleasant. She could never hurt a fly."

"Why? Because she's too skinny and precious to? Let me guess--she can't hurt a fly because the fly doesn't have the right to touch her? Because she's so perfect?"

"Actually. Yes." Leta rolled her eyes.

"Newt, you're obsessed. Take a break. Eat."

"I'll take a break when I'm dead!" he said heroically, standing and grabbing some cheese and stuffing it into his pocket.

"Okay, really? Now you're taking cheese for her? You're gonna get rats."

"Actually that's what I'm hoping for. I like rats and I like Felicity, I thought it would be a good method." Leta rolled her eyes.

"Have fun." as Newt happily skipped away, Leta stared at her glass. Her worries over whether or not Newt was still truly hers were starting to worry her. Unlike what she had predicted, Newt seemed to like Felicity more and more every day. Was this more than a phase? Was Leta being replaced? She didn't care to answer this question as she took a long drink from her cup. It was too early to tell whether she was right or long.

---

Newt crept into the library happily, excited to see her again. This time around he didn't even bother asking Mr Predictor where she was, he didn't have any time to waste. Or at least he felt like he didn't have any time to waste. Seeing Felicity was such a high priority at this point that while searching for her, he was actually walking faster than he did just a few hours earlier. Lucky for him, his prayers were answered as he reached the end of the aisle he was in.

He looked over to see Felicity, sitting at a table and reading all by herself. Her back was turned towards him, suggesting she was unaware of his presence. He was quieter than a mouse as he approached her. After all, what's a surprise if you let the victim know what's going to happen?

He looked down to her and grinned, he was now right behind her. She gasped as he covered her eyes and whispered in her ear.

"Guess who?" he grinned as giggled, turning a bright red as she looked towards him.

"Newt?"

"Correct." Newt chuckled and took his hands away from her face. He rested himself on one knee below her, he was looking up at her while holding onto her arm rest. He grinned even more as she giggled.

"What brings you here, Newt?" Newt shrugged with a laugh.

"I just wanted to find you and talk to you again." he kept laughing nervously. "Say, why are you not in the great hall today? Did something happen?" suddenly Felicity's smile slowly became a straight line. She bit her lip and stayed silent for a few moments before finally responding and answering his question.

"I just...I just wanted to make sure nobody was going to bully me again." she laughed nervously, in a similar fashion of how Newt was laughing just moment ago. "Going here was my way of doing so. No one comes here but me and...I guess now you. They can't harm me or you if we're not there..." Newt slowly began to frown.

"But that's...unfair...you should be allowed to eat."

"Im allowed to eat, I'll just have to eat later, silly. It's not the end of the world--"

"I know, I understand but...You know I...I will protect you, Felicity." Felicity quietly gasped as he grabbed her hand. "You don't need to worry about that stuff. If anyone tries to hurt you, I'll stand up for you. Okay?" Felicity paused, then nodded.

"I understand but Newt--"

"No no, no buts. Come on...Let me take you back in there." as Newt stood and gently pulled on her hand she shook her head.

"Oh no, please, let's stay in here..."

"Felicity..."

"Oh but Newt it's so much nicer in here! It's warmer and cozier!"

"Yes, but darling you need food."

"Oh...I'll get it later. Come on Newt, please? Please?" Newt stayed silent and still for a few moments. Then finally he sighed and grabbed a chair, pulling it over to where they were already.

"You owe me another kiss." Felicity chuckled delightfully, planting a kiss on his cheek before sitting down again. Felicity really liked kissing Newt's cheek. It was something she had never done before with a boy, but she wasn't giggling just because Newt was a boy. It was because Newt was different. In her mind, Newt was her boy...

As Newt sat down, Felicity greeted him with another kiss on the cheek. They both went bright red again.