nine ➼ striped carnation

striped carnation flower - flower of rejection / "no, sorry, i cannot be with you."

"I still think that this is better." Leta smiled a little, trying to cheer him up. "Felicity wasn't a good person, she was definitely hiding something. Wouldn't take a genius to figure it out..." Newt still didn't respond. Newt hadn't been speaking to her, he would just nod or smile or shake his head. After several moments he spoke slowly, his voice raspy and coarse.

"I miss her." Leta raised a eyebrow at her, then shrugged.

"Well. We all miss people some times. You'll get over it, I promise. A week or so and you'll forget her na--"

"The more you say that the more I crave to see her again." he blurted. He bit his lip. "I'm sorry, don't hurt me--"

"You're fine, Newt. You don't need to worry about me hurting you. That was one time. You know I'm supportive of you, and I'm here for you." she smiled. Newt thought for several moments. Then he quickly stood. He walked towards the exit swiftly despite Leta following him. "Newt? Newt where are you going...Newt? Newt wait!" she whined, grabbing onto his wrist. Yet Newt then jerked his wrist away.

"You said you're supportive of me, right?"

"Yes."

"Well then. You should be supportive of me being happy. And I will be honest." usually Newt wouldn't have the guts to say this, but he couldn't hold it in any longer. "You make me anything but happy, Leta." Leta tilted her head, hurt by this.

"I thought I was your sunshi--"

"No. Felicity is my sunshine, you are poison ivy. You latch onto people and you make them suffer after just one touch. And I have to admit, I am kind of a delicate flower, and I cannot deal with you poisoning me and killing me and sucking the life out of me any longer." without another word he walked away.

---

Felicity was also very hurt by what had happened with Newt, it had been tearing her up inside for a while now. She was reading nonstop to read her mind off him but it barely worked. All she could do was hope. Hope that he would return to her, hope that he didn't love Leta. But Felicity was running out of hope quickly. She was shocked. She wasn't expecting him to actually return.

"What are you--"

"I'm sorry." without another word he pulled her into a close embrace, hugging her and squeezing her very tightly. "I can't stay away from you any longer. I know you must hate me but I need you." he whispered in her ear and cradled the back of her head with his hand. She slowly got out her words.

"Newt--tight--can't...breaking...ribs!" clearly she was trying to tell him he was hugging her too tightly, but he wasn't aware. He sighed and ran his fingers through her hair slightly, his eyes now closed.

"I'm so relieved to feel you again, I hope you can forgive me. It wasn't me that kissed her, she just made it look like that. I've been a mess without you, Felicity." she began to make choking sounds slightly as she patted his back. He quickly realized what was happening and let her go. "Oh, goodness." Felicity chuckled and caught her breath.

"It's okay." she smiled. "I missed you a lot too...I'm glad you came back." Newt grinned, it was the first time he had grinned since the last time he saw her. Suddenly Newt felt so happy inside. He felt his entire world light up again, suddenly he felt so amazing and wonderful once more. Newt quickly grabbed her by her cheeks and kissed her passionately for a few moments, then pulled away. Felicity gasped, then smiled and blushed. She jumped up slightly and pecked his lips in return, earning herself a chuckle from him as he stared down at her.

"I have some library books I wanna read...that I can't reach...I'd be happy to kiss you again..." Newt chuckled again and nodded.

"For you, I'll reach for any and every book. Lead the way..."

~~~
*screaming*

REUNIITTED AND IT FEELS SO GOOOOOOD

*says this knowing that a bunch of stuff is about to go down and you should enjoy this fluff while it lasts because everything is about to go to shit and y'all are gonna be emotionally destroyed for the next month*