Chapter Fifteen: Forget About Her

It's now April 21st. Ryder is in alternative school for trying to touch girls, and Caylee, where is Caylee? I haven't seen her since she sent out that text about me. I never even noticed she wasn't here.

"Hey Kelsey?" I asked her. We were in cheer, just stretching on the floor. She was bending over trying to touch her nose to the floor while doing the splits. "Hm?" She said still bent over. "What happened to Caylee?" I asked. Kelsey came up and sat criss-cross. "I don't know." She said thinking. "Lizzie! Hanna! Rachael! Everyone come here for a second!" I called. All of the girls for up and came and sat down beside me and Kelsey. "Yeah?" Hanna asked. "What happened to Caylee?" I asked. "I know! She went to alternative school for cyber bullying." Rachael said pulling her hair up into a ponytail. "For how long 6 months." Rachael answered. "It has been six months." I said and then groaned. "She'll be back anytime now!" I said and laid back. "Don't worry, at least she won't try to kiss you." Lizzie said. "Yeah but she'll try to kiss Scotty." I said and then the bell rang. "Don't worry, maybe she's somewhat sane now." Kelsey said and gave me a hug.

I walked out of the gym and Scotty was waiting for me. "Hey." He said and pulled me into a hug. "Hey." I said and smiled. He pulled a weak smile. "What's wrong?" I asked him. "She's back." He said knowing exactly what he meant I just shook my head. "Don't worry, only one more month and we'll be grads." I said and smiled, he smiled back. There's my Scotty.

We walked into the dugout. "Baseball season is almost over. Even though we didn't win many games because of Scotty's injury. I'm still proud of y'all. Julie, you didn't miss one ball the was thrown to you. Blake, when you played 3rd base you sucked, now since you started playing outfield you've advanced." Coach Will said. He continued to talk to the team and said how proud he was of us.

The final bell of the day rang. Scotty and I walked to my car. "Want to go to Bojangles?" I asked him. "What do you think? It's Bo time!" Scotty shouted, I laughed and sped out of the parking lot and to Bojangles.

Scotty and I walked into Bojangles laughing and holding hands. I wasn't even paying attention to who was standing in front of us, behind the counter. Caylee. "Well well well, look who we have here." She said with a creepy smile. "Oh no." Scotty said shaking his head. "Listen, we aren't here to fight." I said. "No you listen you nasty boyfriend stealing tramp." "Do you really want to know what happened to the last person who called me a tramp?" "I know what happened, y'all's also sent my boyfriend to alternative school." Caylee said. My mouth dropped open. "You're dating Ryder?" I asked surprised. "Yep, we have a lot in common. WE HATE YOU!" Caylee said spitting in my face. I just wiped my face. "Let's go." Scotty said. "Okay." I said and walked out.

I walked to my car and got in the passenger seat. Scotty ran and got in the car. "You okay?" Scotty asked me. "Yeah, I just needed to stop while I was ahead." I said. "You want to go somewhere else?" Scotty asked. "No, you just want to come ear dinner at my house?" I asked. "Sounds great." Scotty said and smiled.

He drove to my house while I rested my head on the window. I don't understand why Caylee hates me so much.

He pulled up at my house and we both got out. I walked in my house. "Can Scotty stay for dinner?" I asked Mom who was standing in the kitchen putting some chicken in the breading. "Of course, Scotty is always welcomed. But we were going to invite all of the McCreery's tonight." Mom said. "That's great too!" I said with a smile. "Good, well y'all go hang out it's still a while before dinner is ready." Mom said. "Thank you Mrs. Sarah." Scotty said. "Boy, just call me Sarah." Mom said smiling. "Yes ma'am, Sarah." Scotty said. Mom just laughed and me and Scotty went outside.

Scotty sat down in the grass and leaned back on the fence. He seemed tired or upset. I walked over and sat in his lap. "What's wrong baybee." I said pinching his cheeks, he just smiled and said, "Just had a bad day." "Cause you had a bad day!" I sang and he laughed. "You really know how to make me happy." He laughed. "Scotty, I know you've been through a lot, but you just aren't acting the same. What can I do to make you happy?" I asked. "I don't know. I guess it's kind of that fact that we are growing up. I miss being a little kid." Scotty said. "Who said we can't be a little kid?"