Ch1: Bonding

Lily starred at the Victorian style house. She had only read about those in the books. She felt magical to see one in real.

''You seem to like our house.'' smiled Mrs. Montague.

Lily nodded shyly.

''well that's a good start.'' she said happily.

They went inside the house and to her wonder it was modern in it's decor. The living room spacious and coloured in vibrant shade of beige, pink and blue hues. The marble staircase led upto her room which was even larger than the living room at her orphanage. She had a queen sized comfy bed, an en suite and a balcony that overlooked the garden.

''I hope you like it, Lily'' Mrs Montague said, standing beside her as they starred at the garden out of the balcony. Lily could see the variety of trees and bushes from afar and wanted to touch them and explore them in real. But then she remembered, her warden Ms. Clarence punishment of how she was banned from going to the gardens, of how her clothes had soiled the floor and she had received extra household chores. She didn't want to repeat the mistake here.

''Peter, has a similar room beside you. But the balcony overlooks the backyard rather than the front gardens. We thought you would like this better.'' Mrs. Montague continued.

''Yes, I do like it. Thank you very much. Who is Peter?''

''He is our son, Lily. You'll meet him soon.'' said the lady.

Lily was curious about this new boy but she refrained herself from asking further question as she did not want to anger the kind lady.

------

Mr. Montague sipped his evening tea as his wife hustled here and there arranging everything.

''Cecelia, calm down,'' he said setting the cups down.

''I just want everything to look perfect. I mean both the kids would be meeting each other and-''

Mr. Montague placed a hand on her shoulder and kissed her lips, effectively stopping her rant.

''I'm sure they will get along.''

''You think so?''

''I know so.''

Cecelia's face relaxed for abit but furrowed again as if remembering something important. ''You know how Peter is...''

''And that is why we agreed to adopt another child. Peter needs to learn many a things. And I know he sometimes loud and demanding. But that is why we agreed to adopt Lily. She is so quite and nice. He needs to learn that from someone his age. This os for his own good. Besides the girl needed a home too.''

Cecelia's eyes sparkled at his last statement.''William, did you see her palm?''

''I did when she washed them after lunch. Poor soul. Don't know how many scars she is hiding there.''

''She needs us, William.''

''I know. Even though looks strangely at us. Hostile and blank. With an occasional nod or murmur. We need to prove to her that we wish only the best for her.''

''Yes, darling. Exactly,'' Cecelia kissed her husband affectionately.

-----

Lily starred at the big boy.

He was taller than her.

He even had more muscle than her.

And to make things worse, he was wearing a superman t-shirt.

And that somehow made him even superior than him.

Especially when Mr.Montague nudged her and said ''he is big brother, Lily. Peter, Lily is your little sister. Though she is just a year younger than you.''