Prologue

Once upon a time in a far away land... Just kidding  this is no fairy tale. I'm no fair maiden who gets rescued by a handsome prince and live happily ever after. No i'm just a loner girl who dreams of finding a mate. And today my dream will come true, it's my 17th birthday today.

When a wolf turns 17 she gets to find their mate. I wake up at 5:30 in the morning to get ready for school, I go brush my teeth before brushing my dark brown hair and putting on some mascara.

Then I  went to my closet to pick out my outfit for the day. I ended up deciding on a pair of black jeans, with a dark grey sweater since it's December. Yes, i'm a Christmas baby, but little did I know that this was gonna be one of the worst Christmases  I've ever had.

Once I was dressed I grabbed my leather jacket and my boots along with my snowflake choker and my mothers wolf ring that she gave me before she died.  I took one last look at myself in the mirror before heading downstairs. I went to the kitchen to grab a banana when I saw a note on the fridge.

Raine,
I had to leave early to do patrols before work. I don't know when I'll be back so just make dinner for yourself.

-Dad

I let out a sigh before throwing the note away. I quickly finished my banana and started my black truck and headed to school.

All too soon I was parked in front of the school. I was excited about the possibility of finding my mate but at the same time my wolf could sense that something was going to go wrong. I grabbed my phone and headphones and started listening to my music.

After I had taken a few deep breaths I grabbed my backpack and headed towards the front doors. I had a feeling I should turn around a go home but I pushed it aside as nerves. But boy do I wish I had trusted my instincts cause what happened after I walked through those doors crushed me in ways I didn't think were possible.