Worst birthday ever

After my encounter with Elijah, I didn't really feel up to staying at school. So I went to my teachers and gathered my work for the day that way I wouldn't fall behind. Once I had all of today's assignments I started making my way to the office to sign out. Unfortunately the universe hates me today because pretty soon after I left the office I was surrounded.
The group of guys and girls that surrounded me looked at me like they wanted to murder me.
"What do you think you're doing?" One of the girls sneered at me.
"Excuse me? Might I ask what you're talking about?" I asked totally confused.
Another girl walked up to me and I suddenly felt a hard stinging sensation across my cheek. "Don't play dumb!"
"But I really don't know what you guys are talking abo-" I didn't get to finish due to one of the guys punched me in my stomach.
It wasn't soon after that they all closed in around me, punching and kicking at any part of me they had in their view. As quickly as I could I curled up into the tiniest ball I could. Trying to protect my head was the only thing on my mind. After someone got a hard kick to my stomach I started to taste the metallic flavor of blood.
"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!?" Someone yelled, whoever it was they radiated power. All the kicks and punches came to a screeching halt and I took the chance to cough out some of the blood that had invaded my mouth.
"Back away from her." The mystery person said.
"But al-"
"NOW!" He demanded.
Everyone slowly dispersed mumbling to themselves something I couldn't understand. I didn't even attempt to move from my position on the floor. Soon after everyone was at what I assumed to be a 'safe' distance from me, the mystery person ordered everyone to go to class saying he'd deal with them later. After their footsteps disappeared I felt a sudden hand touch my arm and I flinched at the sudden contact.
"Hey it's okay. I won't hurt you."
I slowly uncovered my face looking to see who it was that saved me. But my eyes wouldn't focus and everything was a bit blurry. The guy helped me into a standing position, but a wave of dizziness came over me and I started to fall.
"Whoa easy there." He said catching me "let's get you to the school doctor."
I just nodded and held on to him to stay steady. It didn't take long to get to there which I was extremely grateful for. I sat there while the mystery guy told the doctor what had happened. I started blinking rapidly trying to clear my eyes. Much to my delight it worked. However my heart stoped at the sight of the one who saved me.
(I was gonna end it here but figured why not continue)
"Alpha!?" I let out a surprised gasp.
Standing before me next to the school doctor was none other than future Alpha Jonathan Nelson. I honestly didn't know how to react. I wasn't sure he even knew who I was, but despite that he still helped me.
"Her wounds are extensive and I don't have the proper equipment to treat her here. She should be taken to the pack hospital as soon as possible." The doctor said.
"Alright thank you."
I started to stand up and head towards the door as best as I could with how much pain I was in.
"Where are you going?" He asked.
"I was going to go to my car,sir."
"You can barley walk and you're planning on driving?" He let out a little chuckle "yeah no, not gonna happen." He said before picking me up and carrying me out of the doctor's office.
I was too shocked and hurt too much to try and get him to put me down and go back to his class. So instead I just rested my head against his chest hoping to relieve some of the headache I had acquired. We were almost to the front door when someone stopped us.
"What do you think you're doing?"
I know that voice, the voice that came from the same person with the beautiful brown eyes that had pitied me not too long ago. It was the voice of the one who had crushed any hope I had.

It was the voice of my mate and he did not sound happy.