All For Nothing

RAINE'S POV

Shock was written all over Jonathon's face, and I was sure that my face held the same expression. Even though he was a jerk to me I felt bad for him.

"What? Who?" Jonathon asked him.

"Some normal pack member from the pack across the border." Elijah responded looking between me and Jonathon.

I let out a sigh before turning to Jonathon "I'm gonna go get changed and make us that hot chocolate. Your best friend needs you." I said giving him a small smile. He nodded giving me a quick hug before letting me go. I went up to his door but Elijah wouldn't move.

"Can you move please?" I asked him politely. He hesitated for a moment before letting me pass.
I made sure to lock the door while I changed. I quickly opened up my suitcase, pulling out a baggy red sweater, a pair of warm gray sweatpants, and some fuzzy socks. I threw my hair in a messy bun before packing my bag again and making sure it was out of the way.
I then went to leave the room but when I opened the door I was met with a very pissed off Jonathon pinning Elijah against the wall. I walked cautiously up to Jonathon placing a hand on his shoulder, making him look at me.

"I don't know what happened but let him go. Let's go, we'll go get you calmed down." I said calmly slowly removing the grip he had on Elijah.

"We'll talk more about this later." he said to Elijah before allowing me to pull him into his room.

"Go get changed and I'll start the hot chocolate, okay?" I said turning to leave.

Jonathon had different plans however because he grabbed my arm pulling me into a hug. He leaned his head to the crook of my neck.

"Jonath-"

"Just let me stay like this. Just for a little bit." he pleaded.

I just nodded wrapping my arms around his waist. I don't know how long we stayed like that but eventually Jonathon pulled away.

"You okay?" I asked him dropping my arms to my sides.

"Yeah, I'm good now. Let's go make that hot chocolate, and after we have some lets binge watch some shows on Netflix. Deal?"

        I gave him a smile and nodded which made him grin and drag me downstairs. His excitement caused a storm of giggles to make their way out of my mouth. Once we made it to the kitchen I made him sit down while I made the hot chocolate.  I heated up the milk adding in the coco powder and after that was mixed I added some chocolate syrup to make sure it was super chocolate-y. I, then got two giant mugs and filled them with my chocolate heaven and added whipped cream and topped it off with more chocolate syrup.

"Do you want a twisty straw or a boring straw?" I asked him.

"Twisty. What snacks do you want?"

"Whatever you want is fine." I answered while I searched for the fun twisty straws, that I knew for a fact was here somewhere.

It took a little while bit I did succeed in my search. I handed Jonathon his hot chocolate and followed him to the entertainment room. Thankfully no one was on there so we didn't have to choose a something we didn't want to watch because other people wanted something else.
"What type of things do you like to watch?" he asked looking for the remote.

"American Horror Story, Game Of Thrones, Criminal Minds, ect. but I've seen all the episodes Netflix has so are you down for a movie?" I responded sipping on my chocolate deliciousness.

"I'm not really one for Christmas movies so how about some horror movies?"

"Same, lets watch The Ring." I said excitedly.

He just chuckled and put the movie on and turned off the light for immersion. Throughout the movie we kept making sarcastic comments whenever someone in the movie made a stupid decision.

"Ah yes, you won't be killed at all because of that." I said causing Jonathon to chuckle.

"You know they can't hear you right?" someone said from the doorway taking both Jonathon and I by surprise.

Jonathon paused the movie and the new comer turned the lights back on causing me to squint at the sudden light assaulting my eyes. After my eyes adjusted I saw who the newcomer was. And it was none other than Elijah.

(Was gonna stop here but thought you guys deserved a longer chapter)

I watched as Jonathon clenched his jaw and tense the more he looked at Elijah. And I saw the same thing happening with Elijah.Okay I've had enough of this.

"Okay, enough." I said.

They both looked at me in confusion.

"You two are best friends. You will help keep this pack going when your father's step down. You can't run a pack if you're like this with your Beta. So whatever is going on between you two, you have to figure it out because whether you like it or not you guys need each other."

I got up and grabbed Elijah's arm pulling him over to the other couch and went and locked the door. I turned to both of them once more and their faces held more confusion.

"No one is leaving this room until you guys fix the problem." I told them.

"Raine." Elijah snapped at me.

"Don't try that bullshit Elijah." I snapped back.

I went and sat back down on the couch and looked between the two of them and waited for them to start. When neither said anything I let out a irritated sigh.

"Let's start with what happened earlier. Why did Jonathon have you pinned against the wall?"

"Because Rose left him for her mate. You went through all that shit for nothing" Jonathon answered.