I Promise You

JONATHON'S POV

Raine's lips were burning hot against mine. Now you're probably wondering why I suddenly kissed Raine and why I'm still kissing Raine. Well here's the thing, when a female wolf starts going through heat, pretty much the only way to stop the excruciating pain they experience is by doing something intimate. Whether that's mating, having a make out session, and anything in between. Although it works best when with your mate, any one can help. Only downside is that when a male wolf is around a female going through heat it is very easy to lose control of their wolf on both ends. They brought in a ton of ice packs and ran an ice bath for when her fever spikes again. I can only ease her pain so much.

I reluctantly pulled away from her and leaned my forehead against hers to see if her temperature had dropped even a little. Thankfully it had. But it took all the control I had not to connect our lips again.

"Better?" I asked her quietly.

She nodded and looked at me with her hazel eyes flashing gold as her wolf tried to take control. I know I probably should leave while I was still in control but I couldn't leave her to go through this alone.  I wet down a hand towel and laid it across her forehead.  After I had gotten her fever under control the doctors and nurses left to help their other patients. On the bright side Raine will heal a lot faster now that she's in heat. The whole point of going through heat id for she-wolves to get pregnant. And because of this they heal so that they can safely carry their mates pups.

"Jonathon?" she said.

"Hmm?" I hummed in response.

"Do you think that anyone will ever want me?"

She sounded so vulnerable and it made my heart ache knowing that she felt unwanted. I stood up and walked over to her hospital bed. "Make room." I said. She carefully scooted over and I laid next to her. I moved my arm behind her head and gave her a soft hug. "I promise that you will find someone who wants you. I promise you that you will be loved."

"Pinkie promise?" she asked bringing her little finger up to me.

I chuckled at her while interlocking or pinkies. "Get some rest. You should be able to get out of here tomorrow."

"Okay." she said relaxing into my side and quickly fell asleep.

*Time Skip To The Middle Of The Night*

        I was woken up by Raine's fever spiking and that worried me. I quickly untangled her from me and picked her up and carefully carried her to the ice bath that fortunately the nurses refilled. I couldn't put her down without dropping her because she was sweating so much. So I did the only thing I could think of; I carefully stepped into the tub and lowered us down into the ice. I could feel Raine shaking as she was beginning to cry.

"It hurts. Please make it stop!" she begged me.

        All I could do was hold her as the ice cooled her down. "I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." I just spent the next like 20 minutes apologizing because that's all I could do. After her fever finally broke I called the nurse to bring us a change of clothes. I went into a different room to give Raine some privacy and when we where in warm dry clothes the sun started to rise. It wasn't long after that Raine was discharged, the doctor talked to me and gave me tips on how to make the next few days easier for her. The one thing that he stressed the most was to stay by her side as much as I could.

        After we got to my car I explained that until she's done with heat that she's be staying with me. She understood but she gave me directions to her father's house so that she could grab some clothes. But when we arrived there we saw Rose and her friends standing by her front gate. I parked my car by the curb and Raine and I shared a look of complete confusion.

"Stay in the car." I told her as I got out. She nodded and listened to me.

I walked over to Rose and her posse and I immediately recognized some of them as part of the group that jumped Raine. "What are you doing here Rose?"

Rose's friends looked very surprised to see me and immediately lowered their heads in respect. Rose, however, was just irritated. "I'm here to talk to Raine."

"What do you want to talk to her about?"

​​​​​​​"Her being Elijah's mate."