Textrovert One Shot - @taelings

My entry for DoNotMicrowave writing contest. Enjoy!

Just got to the Ferris wheel before closing time, damn that was fun! - Nicky

Keeley had just boarded the public bus, when her best friend, Nicky, texted her. But, it was merely minutes after they had parted ways. And, Nicky was supposed to be driving safely.

Let's keep my best friend alive, shall we? Keeley thought.

Yes, it was. Now keep your hands on the steering wheel and your eyes on the road. - Keeley

I will, I will. But, we almost missed the Ferris wheel because your breath smells :P - Nicky

Blame the chili cheese fries you forced me to eat! - Keeley

Blame me! Those chili cheese fries were delicious! - Nicky

Whatever, have a safe drive home, will ya'? - Keeley

Yes mom... - Nicky

A quiet chuckle escaped Keeley's lips, as she stuffed her cellphone into her purse. She could've supervised Nicky with her terrible driving, but for now, she only wanted peace. The moment where no one bothered her with their blabbering, where she could be in serene solitary. She leaned the side of her head against the glass, and let her eyes wander to the sights of houses and cars passing by. Clouds loomed around the bright, round moon in the center of the dark sky. Just like how Keeley liked it, nice and quiet.

However, it didn't last long.

Her cellphone rang a beat, something she didn't want exhausted and frustrated passengers of the bus to hear.

"I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world," her annoying cellphone sang out loud. Keeley instantly rummage her purse and answered it.

"Hello?" Keeley said, or hissed—it was a more appropriate word. Because the background noise was all a blur of euphoric music and talking voices, Keeley couldn't help but turn her forced smiling lips upside down into a cruel frown. "What is it?"

"Keeley, I need you to drive me home tonight," Zach said, his speech a little slurred.

"What? I thought you're giving Bianca Campbell a ride," Keeley said with an accused tone. She didn't even want to think about it. Maybe, Zach was asking her to drive with them smooching their lives out in the backseat. Ew.

"Plans change," Zach said, before hanging up on her. Keeley stared at her cellphone with disgust visible on her face.

Here she was in a bus, and about to head to the place she hated.

•••

Awful, just awful. It reeked of sweat in there. Keeley pinched her nose close, as she looked around. But, it was nothing but bodies dancing around to the music. Some dancing a little too vulgar for her eyes to see.