[CHRISTMAS BLURB]

in which Portia writes about a Christmas in which Colton and Edward are still together and life still mattered.

It wasn't that Colton hated Christmas time, she just severely disliked it.

If the Holiday season was simply about spending time with Billy and Jacob, and Edward and Bella, and all she had to do was drink eggnog and, perhaps, give Edward the occasionally tipsy cuddle, then she wouldn't mind it at all. But unfortunately that wasn't all Christmas entailed to most of the student population at Forks High school, though Colton should hope that giving Edward Cullen a tipsy cuddle was not on the majority 'Christmas To-do list.'

For those people, Christmas was about parties and 'spreading the Holiday Spirit,' whatever the fuck that is.

"No."

It was a simple word. Two letters. One syllable. It was also the word that was most commonly heard coming from the mouth of Colton Black whenever Edward Cullen was seen wearing the sickeningly attractive, mischievous smile that brought her nothing but discomfort 90% of the time. The other 10% was just for them.

Edward just happened to be wearing the exact expression as he swaggered his way in the direction of where she stood by her locker. "Yes. We're going and that's final."

"Well," Colton started with a click of her tongue as she slammed the door of her locker shut, "Then it's a good thing that I already told Jessica that we couldn't come."

His grin simply widened which caused Colton's dread to increase, "Well, then it's a good thing that I told her that you had were mistaken in thinking that Esme and Carlisle were leaving for Alaska tonight and that we will most definitely be there tonight."

Colton stilled her pace so that she was no longer walking in front of Edward in the direction of the exit to the parking lot. Her eyes narrowed into tight slits, "You did no such thing."

"Oh," He hummed, turning to face her, topaz eyes sparkling with amusement and mischief, "But I did."

Her eyes widened in surprise before she was storming in front of him and out the doors that she was amongst the grey skies and frosty wind that bit into her exposed cheeks as she marched in the direction of the neatly parked Volvo. "I can't believe you actually did that," She seethed as she continued her furious pace across the sleet covered tar-mac, "You know how much I hate Jessica's fucking parties."

"I think it'll be,"Edward paused for a moment to search for the right word. "Fun. And isn't Alice always saying that we need to be more social?"

Colton barked a sardonic laugh and threw another glare his way just as Noah decided to join in on the conversation as he and Bella arrived at the car, "Oh please tell that you aren't trying to be social again."

"Your brother here thinks that it'll be a right all laugh to drag me to Jessica Stanely's stupid Christmas Party." She stated through gritted teeth as she continued to stare down her boyfriend who continued to ignore her heated look with an annoying amount of nonchalance.