[PLEASE]

I have not been active on this website for a long time, and this is for reason separate to everything I am about to say. But today is not a day where I can remain silent and I hope you take the time to read this.

Yesterday, on December 18th 2017, Kim Jonghyun, lead singer and member of the Korean boy group Shinee, killed himself in his apartment. He died due to carbon monoxide poisoning after struggling from depression for years. He was in the spotlight for a decade, a decade of his life and next to no one knew even when he released songs begging for help.

This needs to stop.

Mental illness and depression needs to stop being treated like a joke. How many lives does this illness need to claim for people to wake the fuck up and do something? How many Jonghyuns have to be killed, ​killed​, before people do something. Too many. That's how many. Too many have already had to pay the price for this neglect towards mental health and the severity of this sickening illness that should be treated with as much respect as any other life threatening illness.

Cancer is taken with the utmost seriousness because they have no choice. People with depression have no choice either! Why is depression one of the only illness that claims so many lives and yet, is treated like a fucking joke? This disgusting, twisted world needs to get it's priorities shit and stop fighting each other for five god damn seconds and stop to see that it's children are losing their lives to this illness and focus on that. Not race or stupid things like that, this, this vicious sickness that takes lives everyday.

So I implore you, take a look at not just yourself but the people around you. Put yourself first and if you see someone you think is struggling, do something about it. You can't wait for them to say something, you have to do something. Stand up against this illness even if the leaders of the world won't. Be part of the change that makes people less afraid of admitting they need help. Please help us create a world where there never will be another Jonghyun.