He's Got A Love Like Woe: Scene Twenty-Seven

Scene Twenty-Seven:

A pounding settled itself behind Jordan's eyes, the perfect way to wake up and face the day.

 He only faintly remembered the events that occurred last night and everytime he tried to think back, it only caused the ache to pulse harder. Rubbing his weary eyes, Jordan sighed and looked towards a nearby clock on the bus. It read that it was past eight in the morning and the thrum of the bus's engine notified that they were on the move again. Jordan's friends were all fast asleep around him, their snores resounding off the walls.

Climbing out of bed, the first thing Jordan noticed were some smears of black across his hands. He frowned down at them, wondering what they were and how they got there. Involuntarily getting up, Jordan's feet made their way across the flooring towards the bathroom.

The moment the bright lights were turned on, Jordan went half-blind, but that didn't stop him from spotting the difference of his facial features.

Like his cheeks, for example. Instead of a blushing red or his normal skin tone they were covered in what looked like soot. Which was probably the reason his hands were black, from when he rubbed his eyes previously.

The only problem was, he had no idea what it was or why it was on his face.

"I'm glad you're finally up, I thought I'd have to get you out of bed myself." Katelyn smiled at her friend, who looked completely clueless. She held a damp washcloth in her hand and walked over to remove the black eyeliner from his swollen eyes. "Although, I'm not sure how I'm going to easily get this stuff off. I didn't bring any makeup remover with me." She pursed her lips before commanding Jordan to take a seat on the covered toilet while she grabbed a bar of soap.

"Why do I have this on my face, more importantly, why are you here?"

"Oh thanks," Katelyn mumbled, rubbing the bar of soap on the washcloth. She figured the soap would help ease the eyeliner off his skin, she didn't bring any make-up remover with her this time. "That makes me feel so loved, Jordan."

"That's not what I meant, you know I love you. I'm just confused as to why you're here, on the bus. The last thing I remember was leaving the hospital with Keegan and Andy, to find you." A piercing pain ebbed it's way into his skull, leaving him to scowl and wince. Jordan placed his fingers to his temples in an attempt to release the tension and pressure. "Oh God, why does everything hurt so much?" Groaning and mumbling to himself, Jordan closed his eyes.

Katelyn sat on the floor in front of him, smacking the warm washcloth against his cheek. "Don't fall asleep on me, I have to clean your face first. You were the only one drunk enough to pass out on in the bar, which means you still had this crap on your face when we carried you to your bed."

"What the hell happened last night?" Jordan didn't even consider the pounding in his skull to be a hangover, his throat didn't feel dry and his well-being didn't feel guilty. It was strange, seeing as how every time he was stupid enough to become completely intoxicated those were the symptoms he felt every single time he woke up.

"Where should I start?" Katelyn mumbled more to herself than to Jordan. "First off, let me just say that the normal term two heads are better than oneis completely false when it's three heads. All of you guys are idiots, Keegan being the main moron."

"Hey!" Jordan cried in outrage. "He loves you, how can you say that about him? I'm sure whatever happened, he did out of love and worry."

"That's the problem, when he gets worried he doesn't think straight. I was hoping you and Andy would have calmed him down and made him realize his plans were completely ridiculous, but it was false hope."

"Obviously his plan worked, you're here safe and sound."

"Oh, no, his plan worked alright. Except you haven't heard the whole story yet. What happened was that you guys barged into the hotel room, wearing this crazy makeup to make yourselves look intimidating, at the wrong time. Stephen and I were merely conversing about what happened that exact night where Christofer supposedlycheated on you, and he was about to tell me all about his plots and the video tape when you all charged in the room, yelling. Thankfully Stephen was drunk out of his mind and didn't call security, but he kicked all of us out. Unfortunately, Keegan jumped to conclusions and punched him in the face afterwards, earning himself some bruises when Stephen fought back. All in all, we gained no information."

"But Keegan said you weren't answering your phone when he kept calling you, naturally he'd fear the worst."

Katelyn's expression was deadpanned, the look in her eyes were convicting even. "My phone died while I was in the elevator going up to his room. Keegan forgets that batteries in cellphones waste away quickly."

Jordan's cheek began to burn with the consistent rubbing of the washcloth upon it, he also felt shameful and embarrassed at how their plan easily fell through. Brushing his hand to push the washcloth away from his face, Jordan apologized for their actions. "I'm sorry Katelyn, I know how dedicated you were in trying to find out the truth. But on the brightside, Christofer and I are perfectly comfortable with how things are right now."

"You are?" Katelyn placed the washcloth in the sink nearby, brushing the dust off her shins afterwards and then she stood up straight.

Nodding his head, Jordan followed suit and took a quick glance in the mirror. Although his skin was blotchy and red from the rubbing, there were no more smears of black anywhere to be seen. "Somehow we were given a second chance with each other, and I don't plan on messing anything up this time. I want to regain my trust with Christofer, learn to have faith in him. I'm not going to easily jump to a conclusion and argue with him. Things will be different this time, I know it."

"Good, I'm sick of having to make sure you wont turn into this moody, old man who will only talk to his pet cats and walk around with a sour look on his face. That'd be awful." Smiling, Katelyn playfully pushed Jordan's shoulder before opening the bathroom door. "Go get ready, you have a big day today. Did you forget you have new songs due by the end of the week and a show tonight?"

Jordan's joyful mood turned sour, he had completely forgot all about his tour dates and new album. His love life and social life had taken a turn for the worst these past couple days, Jordan was too preoccupied with handling that than thinking about his fans. It made him feel guilty, like he was caught cheating. He didn't mean to cast away his fans while something new distracted him, he would always stay loyal to them!

Brushing past Katelyn, Jordan began shaking his friends's shoulders to rouse them from their sleep. He had no time to waste this morning, it was going to be a long day.

After pulling on a fresh pair of jeans and a shirt, Jordan took a glance around to see if his friends were ever going to wake up. To his surprise, Keegan was already dressed and waiting on Andy whom was having trouble tying his shoes properly. It was then that Jordan noticed the large, swelling bruise on Keegan's cheek. Jordan knew the make-up artist was going to enjoy covering that up tonight.

Keegan lifted his eyes to look at Jordan and when he noticed the faintest smile on Jordan's lips, he also smiled. It seemed almost comical that he would get into a fight, he was the most mellow and responsible of them all.

It was strange how things had changed so fast.

Speaking of change, Jordan remembered he hadn't called Christofer to see if his wounds were healing properly! Patting down his front pockets, he began to twist his body to see if his back pockets held his phone. No such luck.

Clicking his tongue to the roof of his mouth, Jordan brushed past Keegan and Katelyn, whom were talking amongst themselves, to walk towards his bed. He was hoping that somewhere in the sea of sheets, his phone was laying aimlessly by itself. After he flung the sheets off the mattress, Jordan smiled once his eyes saw the black, plastic phone sitting by his pillow. Before he had time to even reach for it, Andy grabbed him by the shoulders and forced him off the bus.

"No time!" He shouted, furiously pushing Jordan forward. "We have to meet with Pete first, then start the meet-and-greet and then get ready for our sound check. You can call Christofer later."

Sighing to himself, Jordan let Andy tug him towards the small bar awaiting their presence. It was the first time he was going to play in such a small facility and Jordan didn't doubt that the crowd would become rowdy that night.