Percy I

• Dedicated to all my readers

Percy Jackson leaned against the rough scaly surface of the tall pine tree, panting heavily. Beads of sweat mixed with blood rolled down his forehead. The moon shone brightly in the sky.

"Almost there..." he breathed, trying desperately to walk to the entrance of Camp Half Blood. He clutched his left shoulder, blood running through his fingers down to his right hand. His vision blurred.

"Not now..." Percy stopped and blinked to make his vision clear again. The entrance was just meters away from him. His vision blurred again. His head suddenly gave a throbbing pain as Percy Jackson fell onto the ground.

"Just a little bit...more..."

His teeth clenched in pain as he pushed himself back onto his feet.

"Gods, I'm so stupid..." he muttered to himself. "I shouldn't have gone..." he stopped immediately as the wound on his arm sent tremors up his body. Percy peered at the ground below him. The green, fresh grass was stained with blood. As he suddenly noticed, he had already lost too much blood.

He got through the entrance, and leaned himself on the nearest tree trunk.

"Come on!" he whispered, as he forced his unwilling body to walk back to Athena's cabin. He knew everyone must be asleep now. It was way past midnight. Nobody would be awake.

He was so close, so close.

Percy's vision blurred, but he kept moving on.

"I can... do this...!" he threw himself onto the door of the cabin, sliding down slowly onto the ground, leaving a long stain of blood on the surface of the door.

"Annabeth..." he yelled as loud as he could manage, which wasn't as loud as he had expected. He dropped onto the ground, his hand flying to the deep gash on his shoulder. "Annabeth...!" he cried, louder this time.

"Percy?" There was a worried shout coming out from inside the cabin, probably from Annabeth, which won several cries of protest from her siblings. "Percy, is it you?"

"ANNABETH!" Percy shouted as loud as possible. This made a worried Annabeth swing open the door. Immediately a look of terror and utter shock was written on her face.

The last thing Percy remembered was Annabeth's scream of horror as he passed out.