Percy III

Percy hated keeping secrets.

And the one person (besides Annabeth) who obviously seems to always see through him is…

“Well you’re in a hell of a trouble, aren’t you?”

“Thanks for barging in without knocking.” Percy rolled his eyes. Jason scoffed. “Why’d you come anyway, Lightning Boy?”

“Oh, so now I can’t visit my best bro in the infirmary? How cold, Kelp Head, how cold.” Jason shook his head, feigning hurt. Percy raisedan eyebrow.

“I am not trusting you, Grace. Did Annabeth ask you to spy on me? Or was it Thalia?”

Jason shrugged.

“Seriously, bro, I just wanna talk to you.” Percy laughed scornfully and muttered something like:

Yeah right.

“Percy, I know something’s happening. Tell me.” Jason’s voice lowered down to a much more serious tone. Percy’s expression turned blank as he started to stare at his curled up legs, as his hand started clutching the wound on his shoulder, sending Percy a slight feeling of pain up his arm, as his breath hitched for a moment before his unfocused eyes continued to stare down on his lap.

Jason started to tense in concern at the sudden change of behavior and the blank face of his friend. He also was starting to worry about his fractured arm, and the pain it was causing him.

“Hey, Percy…” Jason stretched out his hand towards Percy’s shoulder as if to slightly comfort him, but wavered at the thought, afraid that Percy might shatter at his touch. The motion caused Percy to flinch, but his foggy eyes still showed the same fear and anxiety.

He’s out there. He’s coming for me. He wants Annabeth’s blood.” Percy spoke in such a robotic monotone that Jason felt his jaw go rigid, the voice frightening him to the core. He could feel a shiver travel up his own spine as Percy continued in his mechanized tone.

He’ll kill her. He’s going to kill everyone I love.”

Jason crouched down next to the bed, so that he was at the same eye-level with Percy.

“Who’s he?”

Percy’s heart pounded in his chest as the memories started flooding back into his mind.

“I’ll tell Annabeth. I’ll tell everyone. You won’t be able to hurt anyone of them.”

“Oh? You thought I would let you walk away, just like that, and let you blabber everything you know about me to your friends?”he laughed. No, young demigod. It’s so sad when mortals don’t notice that they’re already standing on their own grave. And the poor thing is, you’re standing on everyone’s grave. Everyone single one that you care about. Their lives are in your hands.”

“You won’t even know what would I be doing. When I get back. I’ll warn them.”

 Didn’t you hear me?” the man laughed. “You’re not going anywhere.”

“Percy.”

Jason looked at his friend with worry. Never. Never in Jason’s life has he seen Percy like this. Tears were brimming in Percy’s eyes, and the fear in his fogged eyes was so obvious. Percy was now hugging his legs, rocking himself back and forth, muttering to himself.

And Jason heard Percy's mutters.

“He’s coming. He’s here.” Percy muttered. "He's coming." 

Deep inside, anger was boiling up in Jason. How dare… How dare anyone… ANYONE, do this to his rival, his cousin, his best friend.

“He’s not coming anywhere near you, Percy.” Jason clenched his teeth in fury. “I promise.”

Percy looked at the disappearing figure of Jason, who was leaving the infirmary and shook his head.

“No… it’s not me I’m worried about.”

It’s her.