"on the fifth day of christmas, my true love gave to me five golden rings"

Song: "The Twelve Days of Christmas"

"Daddy! Baba! Wake up, it's Christmas!"

Niall grunted in discomfort as their two children jumped on his back. He had been enjoying his sleep quite a lot until he heard two pairs of feet thundering down the hallway. Snow fell gently in large flakes outside their bedroom window, setting the mood for a perfect Christmas morning.

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" Eilis chanted, bouncing up and down, her thumb in her mouth. Her bright blonde curls were mad, sticking up everywhere. She was wild and loud and crazy, but Niall and Zayn adored their little Irish girl to bits.

Niall heard Zayn sigh deeply, then turn over. Zayn gently grabbed both of Eilis' wrists and kissed her chubby hands, trying to smooth down her wild bed head.

Niall scooped six year old Antony up in his arms and blew raspberries into his stomach. Antony's giggles filled their room, and Niall let up, only to bring him close and snuggle him. He was at the age where he was starting to become more independent, but he still wanted cuddles from his dad each morning. Niall cradled him in his arms and attacked him with kisses; no matter how big he got, he would always be Niall's baby.

Zayn laughed, a real laugh that made his dark mocha eyes twinkle. "We're up, 'Lish! We're up!" He said, gently tackling her into the covers and smothering her in love, making her squeal as he tickled her sides.

"Hey, dad!" Antony suddenly sat up in Niall's lap.

"What's up, darlin'?"

"Do you think Santa Claus came last night?" He asked, genuine wonder in his eyes that looked so much like Zayn's. He was beyond adorable in his spaceman and robot footie pajamas. Niall wanted to keep him this small forever.

Niall threw Zayn a sly glance and a smirk, reminiscing the night before.

"Well, of course he did!" Zayn butted in.

"How do you know?" Niall tried not to laugh at his son's sassiness; he would have to quit letting him hang out with Louis and the boys at the studio.

"Well," Zayn began slowly, not a hint of a lie in his voice. Of course Santa wasn't real, but the kids were little and Zayn wanted to protect them as much as he could while he still had the time. The kids gaped at their father in wonder, eyes wide open. "I went to go put Harley outside for a bit this morning, and you'll never guess what I saw!" He said, acting just as excited as his baby boy and girl.

"What, Ba?" Eilis' striking emerald eyes went even wider; her two year old mind hadn't stopped thinking about Santa Claus since July.

"The reindeer food was all gone!" Zayn gasped. They had thrown together some oatmeal and raisins, or "reindeer food", in a bag and scattered it on the lawn the night before. "And there were fresh reindeer footprints in the snow!" (Not to mention the fact that Niall had eaten most of the cookies as well.)

"You're not joking, are you Ba?" Antony sat bolt upright, then dashed over to Zayn's lap in his pajamas to listen better. "Do you think he left presents as well?"

Niall sat back and watched his precious family with a smile. He would forever hold onto these dear moments where his children still believed in magic.

"Well, there's only one way to find out, isn't there?"

Both of the kids' jaws dropped, and with a little help getting off the bed from Niall, Eilis was soon chasing her brother down the hall to the tree in the living room. Excited squeals carried through back to the bedroom, and with a moment to spare, Niall leaned over to finally kiss his husband.