"i'm dreaming of a white christmas"

Song: "White Christmas" by Bing Crosby

"Haha! There!" Niall cheered, hitting Zayn in the back with a snowball. Zayn turned around grumpily, which made Niall laugh out loud in a way that secretly melted Zayn's heart.

"Niall!"

"Zayn!" Niall mocked his voice and stuck his tongue out at his solemn boyfriend. They had just come home from last minute Christmas shopping, and Niall had instigated a snowball fight as soon as they got out of the car.

"That wasn't funny," Zayn mumbled, brushing the snow off of himself. Niall knew he really wasn't angry, but Zayn wouldn't tell him that.

"I'm sorry, I don't speak baby!" Niall shouted, crossing his arms and smirking. He watched confidently as Zayn marched across their yard through the snow, but his smile dropped when he saw Zayn slowly pick up a handful and pack it down.

"No." Niall looked on in horror and excitement. "No, Zayn. No!"

"Who you callin' baby, baby?" Zayn grinned evilly. For as serious as he was most of the time, Zayn played dirty.

Niall slowly started to run, Zayn chasing him all throughout their front yard. Niall looked adorably cute in his hat, scarf, and coat, and Zayn, noticing this, stopped to formulate a plan.

Niall stood a few steps away from him with his hands on his knees, panting. He looked up at his boyfriend, wondering why they had stopped. "Z, why-"

"Come here, baby." Zayn motioned to him with his finger. Niall cautiously made his way over, but kept his distance.

"C'mon, Nialler!" Zayn panted.

Niall scrunched up his eyebrows but stepped closer; he knew Zayn was planning something.

Zayn gazed warmly at Niall, and his gentle smile making Niall walk even closer to him. Niall stopped right before him, so much so that he could see their frozen breaths colliding.

"Hi, baby." Zayn said, taking in Niall's shivering figure.

"What are you doing, Zayn?" Niall questioned him loudly.

Zayn smirked and shook his head before leaning down to place a gentle kiss on Niall's cold lips. Niall gasped silently and then gripped Zayn's pink cheeks in his hands, wanting more. Niall was rather enjoying this moment until he felt the extremely cold snowball slip down his back.

Niall let out a huge gasp and backed away, a look of shock on his face. "Oh, Zayn, you-". He shivered as he felt the snowball run down his back and underneath his shirt.

Zayn started to run, grinning and laughing all the way while Niall chased him.

"Zayn!" Niall shouted, sounding very exhausted. He stopped to catch his breath, but now, it was his time to get revenge. Niall gathered up all his strength and started running again. He eventually caught up with Zayn and jumped on his back, sending him face first into the snow.

"How does that feel, huh?" Niall giggled. He sat up on Zayn's back, waiting for him to say something. Victory was sweet, and he was going to enjoy every minute of it while he could.

"Zayn?" Niall tapped his back after he hadn't gotten up for a few seconds, wondering if something bad had happened.

Zayn, making his boyfriend nearly jump out of his skin in fright, yelled and flipped them over so Niall was lying in the snow. The snow settled about them as if someone had shaken up a snow globe, and Zayn watched on as flakes caught in Niall's eyelashes and on his hat and scarf. 'A real live angel,' Zayn thought. The bright winter sun shone in his eyes as Niall brought up a fist to rub at them and yawned.

"Baby," Zayn smiled softly. He gazed into Niall's eyes and watched as his pretty boyfriend blushed. "Baby, look." Zayn cupped the underside of Niall's jaw and leaned down to kiss him gently.

"Love you, Zayners." Niall whispered. He kissed Zayn sweetly again, patting his shoulder. "But I'm tired and cold and I want hot chocolate."

"Let's go inside then, honey," Zayn chuckled. He got off of his boyfriend and then helped Niall stand, brushing the snow off both of them. They hooked their arms around each other's waists and Niall leaned his head on Zayn's shoulder.

"I love you, baby."

Niall lifted up his head and smiled, bright as the sun coming off the snow. "I know, Z. I know."

Zayn kissed his head and gently rubbed Niall's side as they walked back to the house. He knew Niall's response wasn't meant to be dismissive, and it wasn't. Niall was just reassuring Zayn that he knew he loved him and nothing less than that.

He sighed deeply and pressed a long kiss to the side of Niall's head. "C'mon, baby. Let's get you some hot chocolate, yeah?"

"Yeah. Love ya, Z." Niall chuckled and gently pushed him, and Zayn pushed him back, only to have his boyfriend reel him in by his waist. "'Specially if you put marshmallows in!"