13

I can hear some clattering and moving in the kitchen. My eyes slightly open but soon close because of the stinging light from the ceiling.

As I lay motionless, I can feel something damp and soft on my forehead and a blanket covering my body. I am sweating, but still feeling cold. The feeling of leather made me realize I am lying on the couch at the living room.

Clattering of utensils and water running from the faucet can still be heard from the kitchen.

"J-just leave it t-there Jimin hyung, I'll take c-care of the mess.." I mumbled with my eyes still closed. My sleepy voice so small I didn't even know if he heard me.

Faint sounds of footsteps can be heard nearing my position. I feel the damp cloth from my forehead removed and wipe away my sweat. It was placed back at my forehead after it was squeezed free from water.

"Kookie-ah.."

I hear a deep voice saying my name. Trying to process, I realized it was Taehyung. He sighed as I stayed still, not opening my eyes.

"I'm very sorry Kookie.. This is all my fault you're suffering right now." He said while stroking my hair.

"These feelings.. I don't know what to do with them anymore. I really care for you and I want you to be happy. Even if it hurts me."

Is this a dream?

I felt the cloth was lifted and felt his breath over my forehead. Suddenly, something..soft pressed onto it. It lingered a bit and then it was replaced again with the damp cloth.

He tucked the blanket once more.
"Rest well Kookie. I'll be here always."

+++

I woke up feeling thirsty and hot all over. I was sweating profusely but feeling light now. Glancing at the wall clock, my eyes slightly widen that it was already 2 in the morning.

I look around and saw a boy sleeping uncomfortably at a single person couch. As I adjusted my eyes from the dim light at the living room, I realized it was indeed Taehyung.

He was sitting with his head resting on his hands at the arm of the couch, his upper body slightly leaning to the side and his head slowly nodding down from time to time.

My heart warmed at the sight of the boy. This isn't a dream right?

I slowly stood up from the couch to get a glass of water at the kitchen but I notice that I don't need to do that anymore.

At the small table before me, there was a glass of water, a cup of honey tea, a pot containing chicken soup and some medicines.

Taehyung stirred from his seat and slowly open his eyes. He saw me and quickly walk over to me.

"What's wrong? Do you need anything?"

I smiled at him and reach for the water. He get ahold of it from me and made me drink it.

"Hyung, I can do it on my own."

"No, you're still a little weak."

So I let him.

"I cooked another pot of soup for you. You should eat." He said while holding the soup and blowing it. "You need it so that you can drink the medicine."

I was hungry anyway so I just nodded.

"Give it to me hyung. I can manage."

"Again no." He said sternly while holding the spoon with soup near my mouth.

"But I'm not a three year old!" I whined.

"Like I said, no."

And again, I let him feed me. The soup tastes really good though. Taehyung must be a good cook.

After eating and drinking meds, he also cleaned everything. He then went back sitting in front of me.

"Rest?" He asked me with a gentle smile.

I nodded feeling sleepy once again.

He then positioned with his back facing me. I was confused at first but then he said, "hop on, I'll carry you."

I hesitated but he inched back closer to me and crouched down grabbing both my legs and hold it at both his side. I slowly yelp when he stood up so I quickly wrap my arms around his neck. He piggy backed me on the way to my room.

As we entered my room, he slowly put me down on the bed.
He tucked me in and softly put his hand at my neck, feeling my temperature.

"You're still hot."

"I know. Since birth." I smirked.

He grinned his boxy one at my response.

"I know that too. And probably the hottest one on earth."

I blushed at his remark. Now we are joking around. This shouldn't be a dream.

"Rest well, Kookie." And he stood up and started to walk to the door.

I frowned when his back was already facing me. I don't want him to leave. I need his warmth to comfort me.

"Hyung.."

He glanced back with a worried expression.

"Yes bunny?"

I blushed at the name. "Please don't leave me." My voice is pleading.

He went back to my side and sat on the bed. I moved to the other side of the bed giving him space to lay down. I held his arm like a stuffed pillow.

"Please sleep here with me."

He was hesitant at first but then he slowly laid down beside me and pulled me closer to him. I put my head on his chest, snuggling a little closer and inhaling his scent. It was addicting. He put his arm around me and his head rested on the top of my head. We are practically cuddling in my room.

I feel safe whenever I'm with him. I can feel his heart beating, synchronizing with my own.

He inhaled and exhaled loudly. I look up at him with my eyebrows furrowed.

"You don't like it? I can sleep on my own, it's okay." I slowly move away from him. But he tightened his hold on me and didn't let go.

"No. Please. Can we stay like this forever?"

I gulped. My heart now was beating loudly. I went back to our position.

He then suddenly lowered his head letting our foreheads touch and his thumb stroking my cheek. We are now staring deeply into each other's eyes.

I swear he can now hear my heart pounding loudly. I want to look away but his eyes feel like magnet. And I want to bury myself into it forever.

Then his gaze slowly lowered until it stared at my lips. He stared at it like it was the most precious thing in the world.

I didn't notice that our faces are now so close to each other. His nose already touching mine. I can feel his breath and his lips slightly brushing over my lips. As I close my eyes, I felt him closing the gap between us.

And our lips connected. Soft sweetly against soft.