Part 1

Hello everyone... I am starting a new story. This I wrote long back, and you can make it out in the writing. I used to write stories in conversation format before. Sorry for that.

Neev Kundra stood in his father's study, waiting for his father who was engrossed in a file to look up and notice him. He hated coming here, because he is only summoned there when his Dad wants to have one of his talks with him. As much as he loved his father, he hated these talks. These talks were bearable only when the family peacemaker was standing between them, mainly shielding him. And talking about the peacemaker, where the hell is bhai??? Instead of making millions in the office, he should be here where he is needed the most! In their father's study, saving him from their father!!!!

In spite of being the most impatient one among the two brothers, he stood there very patiently, without making any noise, in no way, was he going to turn his father's attention from the file to him, he was willing to do just anything to prolong his father's lecture and today's topic being the worst of all- Marriage!

Mohan looks up and notices Neev.
Mohan: Neev! When did you come?
Neev: Just now.
Mohan: I didn't realize you were here. So what did you decide?
Neev: I am not ready.
Mohan: Why?
Neev: I want to finish my studies first.
Mohan: Didn't I tell you that you will get married only after you finish your studies?
Neev desperately: What about my career?
Mohan: You are planning to join the company after your studies right?
Neev angrily: What about bhai? He is not married!
Mohan sadly: He said he doesn't want to get married. Madhu is a nice girl, and I wanted RK to marry her, but after what happened last time, he is not agreeing.
All anger leaves Neev, he just sits down in a chair opposite his father.
Mohan reasonably: Neev, she is a nice girl, and I would be really happy if she becomes our bahu.
Neev: How can I marry someone I don't even know?
Mohan smiles: Even Madhu said the same thing. Maybe you two are made for each other.
Neev glares at him.
Mohan: Madhu said she needs time to make a decision, and so Shamsher said that while you finish your studies, you two will talk to each other and get to know each other, and by the time you finish your studies if you two like each other then only we will proceed.
Neev appalled: I will finish my studies in 6 months!!
Mohan: 6 months is long enough to get to know each other.
Neev: And what if I don't like her at the end of six months?
Mohan: Then you don't have to marry her.
Neev started smiling, this was so simple, at the end of six months all he have to do was reject Madhu and he will be free, and then the next time Dad brings another proposal, he will insist on this 6 months plan, and he can go on enjoying his life till he is ready to settle down: Fine.
Mohan smiles: Tomorrow we will go and see her.
Neev: NO!!
Mohan: Why?
Neev: I think it is best to meet after we get to know each other. If I decide to marry her only then, I will meet her.
Mohan confused: But...
Neev: No Dad, that's my decision.
Mohan decided not to push his luck, if he kept pestering then Neev would just decide completely against the marriage itself. When Neev makes up his mind, he tends to be more stubborn than RK.
Mohan: Okay fine, even though I really don't understand why you don't want to meet her.

Neev loved his father a lot, and that was the reason he didn't tell his father that he was never going to marry a girl whom his father chose. Because not once but twice his father proved that he was atrocious in choosing a bride- Meera and Deepali. Meera was his mother, but neither did he love her nor did he hate her. Where Meera was concerned Neev didn't have any kind of emotions towards her. Meera was a good mother to Neev, and only to Neev. She loved him a lot, but she hated her elder son, and that was simply unacceptable to Neev because, for Neev, his world was his brother. When they were small Meera used to pamper Neev and ignore RK. Even for the smallest of small mistakes, RK was punished while Neev was always pardoned for his mistakes. Neither Neev nor RK understood why Meera hated RK so much while Mohan loved both of them equally.

Then one night, RK and Neev had woken up from their sleep hearing their parents shouting at each other, and they both had slowly crept to their parents' room to find out what the matter was. And the topic was RK. His father was accusing his mother of cheating him, while his mother was screaming how much she hates RK and his father. After their marriage, Mohan had gone to Singapore to try his luck in business leaving behind his wife. When he had come back a richer man, a teary eyed Meera had told him that she got raped and she was pregnant, and an abortion was not possible as it was too risky, as she was too weak to undergo abortion. Mohan had loved Meera so much that he had accepted her baby, and gave him his name. And thought that the hatred she had for RK was due to what had happened to her. And he had tried to make Meera accept RK, till he found out the truth. RK was not the result of a heinous act, but the result of Meera's adultery. Meera was in love with her new rich neighbor, and was willing to forget her wedding vows and run away with him, when he had coolly told her that he was just having fun with her. And RK was the living reminder of the man whom she had loved, but had left her. Mohan had considered RK as his, even before RK was born, and try as he may it was impossible for Mohan to consider RK as someone else's son, and continued to love him as his own. And Mohan was the one who had stopped RK from leaving home, when RK had found out the truth.

Then came Deepali, the girl who RK was supposed to marry. After their marriage was fixed, RK had insisted on telling her the truth of his parentage. And the girl, who had been the oh-so-sweet-Deepali till then, had turned into a shrew, and told RK that before looking to find a wife for himself, he should try to find out who his father is. And the incident had affected RK in such a bad way that he refused to get married.

Mohan: Neev?? Neev??
Neev suddenly came out of his thoughts: Huh...what?
Mohan: What are you thinking?
Neev: Nothing Dad. I am going out, I have to meet some of my friends before I leave tomorrow.
Mohan: Okay.

Mohan had just got off the phone after talking to Shamsher when RK walked in.
RK smiling: You are looking so happy Dad!
Mohan quickly tells him about Neev agreeing to talk to Madhu.
Mohan: Now, I have to find a girl for you also, then...
RK cuts him off: I am not getting married, Dad. I wanted to talk to you about something else.
Mohan: What?
RK: That deal with the US company has been finalized.
Mohan: That's great!
RK: So, I was thinking since Neev is going to be there, he could handle it. It will be a good experience for him.
Mohan thinks for some time: No, let him enjoy his last six months of freedom, I want you to handle it.
RK: Okay, then I will have to leave very soon.
Mohan: How soon?
RK: I am thinking I will leave with Neev tomorrow if I can get the tickets.
Mohan sighs: It's going to be very lonely without you here.
RK: Even I will miss you Dad. (smiles) Anyway Ayesha is here to give you company.
Mohan: Oh Lord!
Ayesha was Mohan's best friend's daughter, she had moved in with them 3 months back when her parents had passed away. And now she is the self-appointed mistress of the house.
RK gets up and walks out.
Mohan: RK.
RK turns back and looks at him.
Mohan: When you are there, keep an eye on that boy... will you? I still don't know, how they didn't deport him back the last one and half years.
RK chuckles and just shakes his head.

RK was sitting on his bed, and working on his laptop. He was facing the headboard rather than leaning on it, and suddenly Neev comes running into the room and hugs RK from behind.
Neev happily: I heard you are coming with me.
RK looks back at him and smiles, then continues to work on the laptop: It seems so.
Neev: Great!!!(he lies on the bed) We are going to have so much fun there. I will teach you how to live your life "Neev style".
RK: Oh no thanks. FYI, I am not staying with you.
Neev: WHAT????
RK:I am staying there in our apartment.
Neev: You should stay with me and my friends.
RK: I have difficulty managing you alone! So I really doubt I can deal with another two of your type.
Neev makes a puppy face: And what if I get spoiled, if you are not there to keep an eye on me.
RK: Don't be ridiculous Neev.
Neev starts smiling proudly.
RK: Nobody can be anymore spoiled than this.
RK looks at Neev and starts grinning. Neev starts laughing.
RK suddenly turns serious: By the way, what is in your mind?
Neev: About?
RK: Madhubala. And I know you, there is something in your mind, what is it?
Neev tells him about his plan of rejecting Madhu after 6 months.
RK: Why can't you just give her a chance? She could be nice. Stop being judgmental.
Neev: Isn't this like the pot calling the kettle black?
RK confused: What?
Neev pissed: Dad told me that he wanted you to marry Madhu.
RK: It's not the same. She might won't want to marry me.
Neev says angrily: If you are unacceptable to someone, then that person is unacceptable to me!!!
RK knew if they continued this conversation any further, then Neev would get really angry. Neev was way too loyal to him.
RK: Leave it! Did you see her photo?
Neev: No.
RK: I thought they emailed you her photos.
Neev: I am not interested.
RK smiles: Why don't we just see her pics?
Without another word, RK signed out and, entered Neev's email id and password.
Neev: You see her, I am going.
RK: Hey wait...
But Neev was out of the room. RK contemplated for 5 seconds whether to see her pic or not, and decided that he was way too curious to behave like a gentleman and opened the mail.

Ayesha: Who is this?
RK turned back and found Ayesha standing behind him and glaring at him.
Does Ayesha sneak around like a thief or was he so mesmerized by Madhu's smile that he didn't know what was happening around him?
Okay! I will have to go with the mesmerized one, since you still have your mouth open. CLOSE IT!!!
RK: Madhubala. She is pretty right?
Ayesha starts smiling: Yeah, she is pretty. Uncle is really happy about Neev and her.
RK: Yeah I know!
Ayesha angry: Why didn't you tell me that you were leaving tomorrow?
RK: Everything was finalized just now.
Ayesha: But you had the time to get your tickets, tell everyone else and check out Madhubala, but you didn't get time to tell me...huh?
RK smiles at her: Sorry, it just skipped my mind.
Ayesha: When will you come back?
RK: No idea.

Ayesha was going out when RK held her hand, she turned back and looked at him.
RK: Take care of Dad...okay?
Ayesha smiles at him.
RK: And you too take care.
Ayesha: You also.
RK smiles: Goodnight.
Ayesha: Goodnight.
RK turned to his laptop and looked at Madhu one last time and signed out, while Ayesha stood there watching him and wondering when he is going to realize how much she loves him.

Next night Neev and RK were on a flight to US.
RK: Don't tell me that you didn't realize that you will have to call Madhu when you agreed to talk to Madhu.
Neev: It never crossed my mind till Dad gave me her number and asked me to call her!
RK irritated: How exactly were you going to talk to her?
Neev frustrated: I don't know! I never thought of it alrite?
RK: Well you can start thinking about it now!
Neev: I don't want to talk to her.
RK: Then you shouldn't have promised Dad.
Neev accusingly: It's all because of you!!!
RK: WHAT????
Neev: Yeah!!! This proposal was for you!! But NO!! RK doesn't want to get married, oh ok then let's get Neev married!!
RK in a warning tone: Neev...
Neev: It's not like Neev has a life or anything! No let him sit and call the girl "whom Dad wanted RK to marry" and talk to her. RK is busy building a business empire, so let him do what "HE LIKES" while Neev sit and do what "WE LIKE"!!!
RK: What the hell do you want me to do???Sit and talk to the girl "You" are supposed to marry?
Neev looks at RK in shock and then slowly starts smiling: YES!!!
RK shocked: W*F??? No way!!!
Neev: Please bhai...
RK: No!
Neev: Please bhai, try to understand. I am not ready to commit myself to a girl.
RK: This is not right! What am I supposed to talk to the girl you are supposed to marry???
Neev: Just be yourself!!! After all we are two bodies and one soul. And she is not the girl I am supposed to marry, she is the girl I am supposed to reject after six months.
RK glares at him: No!!!
RK then leaned back, closed his eyes and tries to sleep, indicating that he was through this discussion.

Two hours later, RK felt someone holding his hand, he opened his eyes and saw Neev sleeping and somehow he had managed to twist himself in the seat and was facing RK now. RK slowly without waking him made him sleep properly and covered him with the blanket. RK watched Neev sleeping; he knew they were not being fair to him. Neev was still young and he had a long way to go before he settled down. RK started feeling guilty, being the eldest son; he should be the one who should be getting married. But after what had happened with Deepali, he just couldn't bring himself to think of marriage. It was not that he was heartbroken or anything, he liked her and thought they could be happy together. What had hurt him was because of him, his family had been insulted. He loved his family too much to go through such a thing again. Not even once, had his father looked at him as his wife's betrayal, and he would never have anyone laugh at his father like last time. And Neev had always been his protector, through thick and thin Neev had stood by him. RK remembered all the time; Neev had stood against Meera for him. Suddenly, he remembered Neev's suggestion that he talk to Madhu as Neev. A part of him, mainly the guilt part was asking him to do it, as Neev was not going to marry Madhu and what is he going to lose from just calling her once in a while?, while the other part told him not to do it, as it is not right and he shouldn't do such a thing to Madhu. Neev again twisted in his seat again, and held RK's hand. RK smiles and ruffles Neev's hair, and decided not to dwell on Madhu anymore and leaned back in his seat and went to sleep.

A week later

Neev on the phone: Dad just called me up and told me that he gave Madhu my number and she is going to call me now! Can you believe it??
RK: It's high time! You were supposed to call her last week.
Neev: What the hell am I gonna talk to her?
RK: Just talk about yourself.
Neev: You do that! You talk to her!
RK: No way!
Neev: Bhai please...wait I am getting another call, don't hang up ok?

Neev puts RK on call waiting and picks the call.
Neev: Hello?
Madhu: Hello, this is Madhu here; can I speak to Neev please?
Neev was shocked out of his wits, covers the mouth piece and starts cursing.
Madhu: Hello?
Neev in a rougher voice: Hi Madhu, this is Neev's brother Rishabh here.
Madhu: Oh...hi
Neev: Did Dad give you this number?
Madhu: Yes.
Neev: Thought so. Dad always gets both of our numbers mixed up. I will give you Neev's number.
Madhu: Okay. Thanks.
And Neev proceeds to give her RK's number.
Neev: And Madhu...
Madhu: Yeah?
Neev: If Neev doesn't call you, you should call him. You know he is a little shy. That's why, please don't mind.
Madhu: oh okay.
Neev: Bye.
Madhu: Bye

After Madhu hung up, Neev picks RK's call.
Neev: Okay, you gotta hang up, Madhu is going to call.
RK happy: Thank God! You talk to her, and behave yourself.
Neev thought it is safe to smile because his brother can't see his face: Oh no, she is going to call you.
RK shocked: WHAT???
Neev: Yeah, she called me and I told her I am RK and gave her Neev's number and that is your number.
RK: What the hell, Neev?
Neev: By the way Dad always gets our numbers mixed up.
RK: WHAT?? oh f**k I am getting a call!
Neev: Be nice to her, and don't make her call me again otherwise I am going to be rude to her.
RK warning tone: Neeev
Neev: And FYI since Neev is very shy she will be calling you, so you don't have to call her all the time, but call her once in a while otherwise she will think that I am stingy ok?
RK: I am not going to talk to her.
Neev: Bye
RK: Neev no..
Neev hangs up.

RK picks Madhu's call.
RK with his heart pounding: Hello?
Madhu: Hi, this is Madhu... can I speak to Neev please?
RK takes a deep calming breath: Hi Madhu, this is Neev speaking.

Please vote and comment

- Lazy