Part 9

I've made RK's inner conflict in italics, so you guys can understand better.

RK was sitting at his apartment, looking at Madhu's picture on the laptop. Suddenly his phone rings, he looks at the caller id, and sees that it is Madhu. He starts hesitating. Ever since she has told him she loves him, he had been avoiding her. It's been three weeks and he never called her now, and whenever she calls he makes some excuses and hangs up.
Okay! Why are you doing this?
I can't do this, she thinks I am Neev, and she is in love with Neev. I can't cheat her anymore. This is wrong!!!
Okay! Don't cheat her, just tell her the truth!
She loves Neev.
Okay! She loves you, not Neev.
She thinks I am Neev.
Okay! Then tell her who you are.
I can't.
Okay! Why?
I don't know.
Okay! You are scared that she will hate you, if she finds out the truth.
Damn right! I am scared..Love and me never seem to work and i am lying to her...I'm scared she will hate me like everyone else does OK?

Madhu calls again, and RK picked up the phone.
RK: "Hey Madhu."
Madhu: "Neev."
RK: "Listen, I will call you back in a while... a little busy...sorry."
Without waitin for a reply he was about to hang up, when suddenly Madhu sadly asked him "Why are you doin this to me?"
RK: "Doing what?"
Madhu sniffing: "Why are you avoiding me?"
Madhu was crying, RK felt liking killing himself for hurting her: "No Madhu, I am not avoiding you."
Madhu: "Then, why are you not talking to me?"
RK: "Its just that I am busy, baby... its nothing else."
Madhu: "Before also you used to be busy, but you used to call me then also... its been three weeks since you talked properly to me."
RK: "I am just caught up with somethings, that's it."
Madhu: "No, its not that... you know something?"
RK: "What?"
Madhu: "Before you told me that you love me, I knew you loved me alot... but ever since you told me you love me, I feel as if you don't want to love me."
RK was getting desperate, he couldn't bear her tears, and he was the reason that she was crying was killing him: "No baby, nothing like that."
Madhu: "Do you love me?"
RK: "More than you can even imagine, Madhu."
Madhu: "And will you love me forever?"
RK was silent for sometime, then he held the receiver closer to him, and closed his eyes and softly but with a lot of conviction whispered: "With Every Breath I Take."

Next day, RK calls up Madhu.
RK: "Hey baby."
Some girl: "Hi baby!"
RK confused:"Who is this?"
Girl: "Madhu!"
RK: "I know you are not my Madhu."
Girl: "Your Madhu..huh?"
RK getting uncomfortable: "Er... who is this?"
Girl: "I am Madhu's cousin sister..."
RK cuts her off: "Trishna?"
Trishna shocked: "Yeah.. how did you recognize me?"
RK smiles: "Madhu has told me about you."
Trishna: "All good things, I hope."
RK: "Unfortunately, no. (laughs) just kidding."
Trishna: "You better be."
RK: "Hehehe... is Madhu there?"
Trishna: "Yeah, she is sick."
RK concerned: "What happened?Is she alrite?"
Okay! What happened to my girl? My poor baby!
Trishna: "Yeah, she is fine now... she ate strawberries, and you see she is allergic to them."
RK: "Oh... is she fine now?"
Trishna: "yeah, she is fine... I am sure she will feel much better, if you give her a kiss."
RK blushes: "What?"
Trishna: "She is asking for the phone... bye jeejs will talk to you later."
RK: "Bye Trishna... great talkin to you!"

Madhu: "Hi."
RK: "How are you now?"
Madhu: "i am fine, I went to the hospital and got injection, so its alrite, 1 sec."
RK: "Okay."
RK could hear Madhu tellin Trishna to get out of the room, and a very reluctant Trishna leaving.
Madhu: "okay..she is gone."
RK: "What happens when you eat strawberries?"
Madhu: "My tongue gets swollen."
RK: "Oh sh**!!!"
Madhu laughs: "Yeah I know."
RK: "You didn;t know there was strawberries in it, when you ate it?"
Madhu: "oh Boy...Er..what?"
RK getting suspicious: "What did you eat, Madhu?"
Madhu: "Oh nothing, so what else?"
RK: "Stop changing the topic, tell me what did you eat?"
Madhu: "Oh Boy... well...well...Strawberry pastry"
RK shouting: "WHAT??? HAVE YOU GONE INSANE???"
Madhu defensively: "I just love strawberries alot! its too much temptation!"
RK: "You are crazy Madhu!"
Madhu: "Sorry."
RK: "Whatever, from now on you won't eat strawberries!"
Madhu: "WHAT?? You can't say that!"
RK: "I can! And I am saying that you will not eat strawberries anymore,Madhu!"
Madhu: "I can't give up on strawberries!"
RK: "Not even for me?"
Madhu: "FINE!"
RK: "Promise on me, that you won't eat strawberries again?"
Madhu: "Fine, I promise on you! happy?"
RK smiles: "Very.. thanks love."
Madhu: "Anyways..wht was Trishna tellin you?"
RK: "Nothing much."
Madhu irritated: "But she was saying something na?"
RK: "She was just sayin abt you feelin sick and that if I give you a kiss then you would feel better and all."
Madhu: "Maybe you should give it a try!"
RK confused: "Give what a try?"
Madhu really irritated: "You know what? Go hang!"
RK: "What happened?"
Madhu irritated: "Nothing!"
RK suddenly figuring out: "Oooh!"
Madhu starts blushing.
RK: "Muah."
Madhu: "YUCK!!! Who wants that, go give it to your brother!!"
RK starts laughing and then gives her a biiig kiss: "MUUUAAAH"
Madhu sighs: "Oh Boy"
RK teasingly: "Oh Girl"

RK had decided. He couldn't live without Madhu. And he knew Madhu would be angry with him, but she would surely forgive him and accept him. It took him a while to realize it, but now he knows that, she loves him as much as he loves her. He looked at the ring he had purchased for her, he put it inside his suit pocket, and picked up his ticket and passport and started walking out of his bedroom. He was going to go to India and tell her the truth, and then propose to her. Before leaving, he had to tell Neev about what he was going to do. He knew Neev would be happy for him, since he liked Madhu alot. He dials Neev's number.
Neev: "Hey bhai..whats up?"
RK: "Where are you?"
Neev: "Home...why?"
RK: "I am coming there, I want to talk to you."
Neev: "Okay... but about what?"
RK: "Will let you know when I get there... listen Madhu on the other line...will meet you soon."
Neev: "Okay... say hi to her!"
RK: "Alrite!"

RK happily: "Hey love."
Madhu excitedly: "Guess what? Guess what?Guess what?"
RK smiles hearing her excitement: "What baby?"
Madhu: "But before that, promise me that you won't tell RK abt it?"
RK confused, then with a sly grin: "Okay, I won't tell him... what is it?"
Madhu: "Promise?"
RK: "Yeah love!"
Madhu: "Okay! RK and Ayesha are gonna get married!"
RK who was in the process of lockin his apartment, stood there in shock: "WHAT?"
Madhu: "Yeah! Don't tell him okay? Mohan Uncle, wants Ayesha to get married, and was looking for a guy for her, so she told him that she loves RK and she wants to marry him."
RK: "WHAT??"
Ayesha loves me?
Okay!Ayesha loves you?When did that happen?

Madhu: "Yeah! And Mohan Uncle was so happy, and he promised her that, when RK gets back, he would get her married to him."

Precap
Madhu and RK (finally) meet.

Please vote and comment

- Lazy